PDA

View Full Version : Question on creating a map for b5932

Joel_SS
January 30th, 2007, 10:55 AM
I am trying to create map for b5932 and the tune tool says the colums are Oz/Cylinder GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA And the scan tools seems to be Grams/Cylinder.. Am I missing something here?? Becasue my map does not seems to be working right.. It was only logging in three cells...

dc_justin
January 30th, 2007, 11:07 AM
I am trying to create map for b5932 and the tune tool says the colums are Oz/Cylinder GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA And the scan tools seems to be Grams/Cylinder.. Am I missing something here?? Becasue my map does not seems to be working right.. It was only logging in three cells...

That's just a difference in the units you have the tune tool configured for. Go to the Edit Menu, then "Configure display units". Search for that particular table and adjust the columns unit to Metric.

Justin

SSpdDmon
January 30th, 2007, 11:36 AM
BTW, why are you trying to create a map for the base spark table? I ususally find that if you use a chart ("B" on the scanner dashboard) and log RPM's, DYNCYLAIR_DMA, and SPARK, you can manipulate that table fairly easily given it's mainly for idle.

Joel_SS
January 30th, 2007, 02:32 PM
BTW, why are you trying to create a map for the base spark table? I ususally find that if you use a chart ("B" on the scanner dashboard) and log RPM's, DYNCYLAIR_DMA, and SPARK, you can manipulate that table fairly easily given it's mainly for idle.

I wanted to add a few degrees advance to help with surging when slowing down in traffic ..I was trying to figure out what part of the table I need to do that in.. So I figured if I watch where it is logging on the map when it is surging I can bump up those sections with the tune tool...

Justin, Thanks for the tip! I am very green when it comes to this stuff..

dc_justin
January 30th, 2007, 03:03 PM

You're welcome, glad to help when I can.

Justin

SSpdDmon
January 31st, 2007, 02:38 AM
I wanted to add a few degrees advance to help with surging when slowing down in traffic ..I was trying to figure out what part of the table I need to do that in.. So I figured if I watch where it is logging on the map when it is surging I can bump up those sections with the tune tool...

There's a neat little trick...

If you log the PID's that the tuning software references for a given table and have that table open in the tuning software while the scanner is logging, it will highlight the current cell being referenced in blue. If you just want to see which cell it is, then you don't have to build the map. ;)