PDA

View Full Version : RTACS in action

GMPX
January 30th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Public release for RTACS is getting very close. If anyone was sitting on the fence deciding if they need a Road Runner or not, here's proof how much of a time saver this is going to be for tuners.

This car is running full open loop with no MAF, before the test the VE table values were purposely altered so the commanded AFR did not match the actual AFR measured by the WBO2.

All I did was hold the throttle at a steady spot to maintain consistent RPM and MAP readings.
With the messed up VE table numbers the engine at that RPM and load was measuring about 14.1 - 14.2 AFR when we were commanding 14.6.

So, get the scantool running, connect to RoadRunner, turn on RTACS mode and here is the result -

RTACS is turned on where the RED circle is and instantly auto adjustments are made to the VE table via RoadRunner to get the AFR correct. The yellow trace shows the Wide Band O2 sensor AFR trends.

http://efidownload.iqd.co.nz/software/GMPX/RTACS_On.png

With Realtime VE adjustments made by RoadRunner with RTACS, we now have a corrected VE table value to give us matching AFR's.

http://efidownload.iqd.co.nz/software/GMPX/AFR_14p63.png

Note: This was done on a 2.2GHz P4 laptop with zero lag or delays. We will be recommending a minimum of a 1.5GHz CPU for this system.

Cheers,
Ross

Tordne
January 30th, 2007, 06:37 PM
It is VERY AWESOME. You all will love this!!!

Redline Motorsports
January 30th, 2007, 07:10 PM
I'm itchin' over here!!!

When can us second class users play???:bash: :master:

Howard

Tordne
January 30th, 2007, 07:27 PM
We need to get the beta testers to provide some feedback at this point...

I believe it is looking like a week or two before it is public, and probably a couple of months before we let you have it Howard :muahaha:

Trust us when we say there has been a lot of hours put into this so far, and the results are totally worth the wait!

NAH
January 30th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Oooh, this sounds good. Er, what is it?

SSpdDmon
January 31st, 2007, 03:35 AM
How does it tackle interpolation?

joecar
January 31st, 2007, 04:41 AM
Oooh, this sounds good. Er, what is it?It's a feature in the EFILive software that adjusts in real-time whichever table you specify using the Road Runner PCM (i.e... as you drive, without requiring any intervention from you).

Tordne
January 31st, 2007, 08:05 AM
How does it tackle interpolation?

It doesn't directly. But it also doesn't apply the whole change each sample. It has Fine/Course control which applies a proportion of the correction to prevent overshoot in any direction.

I have been using it a lot in testing and the results are excellent, table looked pretty reasonable as well :)

ScarabEpic22
January 31st, 2007, 01:11 PM
So cool, too bad Ill probably never use this feature (unless the LL8 gets a RoadRunner PCM or I get a TrailBlazer SS with the LS2...).

Whippled 496
January 31st, 2007, 01:33 PM
oh dear God.....:master:

This is almost as good as having Ross show up at my house to tune my truck for me personally. Chad, as soon as this is released, you will be getting another Email from me. Tax returns are on thier way, and I know where part of it is going..:)

Chalky
January 31st, 2007, 02:57 PM
:grd:

Black02SS
January 31st, 2007, 03:43 PM
oh dear God.....:master:

This is almost as good as having Ross show up at my house to tune my truck for me personally. Chad, as soon as this is released, you will be getting another Email from me. Tax returns are on thier way, and I know where part of it is going..:)
Sounds great. Let me know when you are ready. :)

oztracktuning
January 31st, 2007, 07:06 PM
I just did a full autotune last night with my car with the system thats in beta testing. Then today i did another roadrunner autotune with the settings set to fine. My VE table was so accurate across most cells that 47 of the cells in the VE table were out today by less than 1.0%. Its brilliant.

Have a look at this video of the VE table being changed by logged data fed back into roadrunner automatically. This shot is with fine control.
It was set to change only above 1400rpm and the cells in white were masked out so that they arent involved in the process.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j45/oztrack/EFILiveRoadRunner-AutomatedVETableT.swf?t=1170309678

Biggsy
January 31st, 2007, 07:23 PM
I just did a full autotune last night with my car with the system thats in beta testing. Then today i did another roadrunner autotune with the settings set to fine. My VE table was so accurate across most cells that 47 of the cells in the VE table were out today by less than 1.0%. Its brilliant.

Have a look at this video of the VE table being changed by logged data fed back into roadrunner automatically. This shot is with fine control.
It was set to change only above 1400rpm and the cells in white were masked out so that they arent involved in the process.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j45/oztrack/EFILiveRoadRunner-AutomatedVETableT.swf?t=1170309678

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!:notacrook:

Dave.

oztracktuning
January 31st, 2007, 08:02 PM
Here (http://www.oztracktuning.com/images/Fully%20Automatic%20Tuning%20of%20VE%20Table%20usi ng%20EFILive%20and%20RoadRunner/Fully%20Automatic%20Tuning%20of%20VE%20Table%20usi ng%20EFILive%20and%20RoadRunner.html) is a clearer video

GMPX
January 31st, 2007, 09:18 PM
This is almost as good as having Ross show up at my house to tune my truck for me personally.

Why would you want your engine to run worse :D

Cheers,
Ross

joecar
January 31st, 2007, 09:46 PM
Here (http://www.oztracktuning.com/images/Fully%20Automatic%20Tuning%20of%20VE%20Table%20usi ng%20EFILive%20and%20RoadRunner/Fully%20Automatic%20Tuning%20of%20VE%20Table%20usi ng%20EFILive%20and%20RoadRunner.html) is a clearer video
That is scary... :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Doc
January 31st, 2007, 11:28 PM
I feel like Erik Kartman waiting for the Nintendo Wii to come out...Butters will you freeze me?

NAH
January 31st, 2007, 11:57 PM
I feel like Erik Kartman waiting for the Nintendo Wii to come out...Butters will you freeze me?

LMAO

TAQuickness
February 1st, 2007, 12:58 AM
good vids Oztrack

Whippled 496
February 1st, 2007, 06:50 AM
please see post #10

Tordne
February 1st, 2007, 06:52 AM
So does that mean you got your tax back :D

Whippled 496
February 1st, 2007, 06:36 PM
So does that mean you got your tax back :D

LOL, not yet....but it shouldnt be to long..:)

DrX
February 2nd, 2007, 06:41 AM
Damn! I can't resist any longer. Chad, you have another order.

Black02SS
February 2nd, 2007, 07:38 AM
:cheers: I have it processed and waiting. :)

Whippled 496
February 2nd, 2007, 02:38 PM
so, while I am waiting for the government to expedite my tax returns, can someone give me some other examples besides VE tuning what the RTACS will help me "AUTO" tune in real time?

Tordne
February 2nd, 2007, 02:45 PM
I'm thinking perhaps Desired Airflow table. Make a PID out of Desired Airflow vs. Calculated and create a correction factor.

As this hits the main street there'll probably lots of creative ideas :)

TAQuickness
February 2nd, 2007, 03:31 PM
how about your MAF table

wickedred
February 2nd, 2007, 07:04 PM
Whats the ETA on the public release?

GMPX
February 2nd, 2007, 07:10 PM
The way things are going it will probably only be a week or two off, it's working very well in testing, right now we are adding in even more functionality to RTACS which of course means a little more field testing of the new features is needed. These are functions we feel are necessary and have really only come from our beta testers once RTACS was put through it's paces.
We will also be working on getting a good set up for everyone so you can just plug it all in and go.
We also need to redo many support files (like the .cal files) for this new release because of some new features, so there is more things happening that need to be ready, not just RTACS.

Cheers,
Ross

Whippled 496
February 3rd, 2007, 12:07 AM
We will also be working on getting a good set up for everyone so you can just plug it all in and go.
We also need to redo many support files (like the .cal files) for this new release because of some new features, so there is more things happening that need to be ready, not just RTACS.

Cheers,
Ross

Is there any way you guys could work faster and/or harder? Or maybe put more testing hours in? Have you all considered working 24/7 or hiring robots?

J/K.....:)

TAQuickness
February 3rd, 2007, 12:42 AM
Is there any way you guys could work faster and/or harder? Or maybe put more testing hours in? Have you all considered working 24/7 or hiring robots?

J/K.....:)

If it's any consolation, I've spent the last 2 hours putting RTACS thru the ringer :master:.

Tuning with RTACS is a significantly different approach to tuning than the traditional log-flash technique we are acustomed to. In most every regard, RTACS is easier and the results are nearly instantaneous, but, it is a different technique. IF it takes another week or two to get the package ready for general use, I promise it will be very well worth the wait. Paul and Ross's attention to thorough documentation will be the key to a sucessful transition to the almighty RTACS ;)

wickedred
February 4th, 2007, 07:07 AM
When you talk about it taking a differnt approach, what do you mean? It seems to me it would be easier.

powertrippin
February 6th, 2007, 02:14 PM
PAITENCE IS A VIRTUE; ARE WE THERE YET? :rockon:
THANKS FOR THE TEASE! I KNOW IT WILL ABSOLUTLY BE WORTH ITS WEIGHT IN PLATINUM.
CHEERS
THANKS
ED

Chalky
February 6th, 2007, 02:28 PM
I cannot believe how patient I am being. Of course, with temperatures below 0*, I don't feel like doing anything anyway!:bawl:

Doc
February 9th, 2007, 04:22 PM
I am so impressed at how disciplined everyone is being about awaiting the release. I almost feel guilty cracking under the pressure...OK WHAAAAA! This promisses to be by far one of the most significant giant leaps for the tuning world and the incessant whining that went on with far less significant benchmarks is nowhere to be found. Or, am I just so far out of the loop and the golden cheese is already released and on the site right under my nose or even worse already on the version I am already running
Just needed a little levity. Thanks for putting up with me.

;)

wickedred
February 10th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Good things come to those who wait, and waiting we are...

Blacky
February 10th, 2007, 04:39 PM
I have a release candidate ready for the beta testers to "beat up" on. It should go out to them tonight and if there are no major faults it will be made publicly available early next week.

Regards
Paul

Biggsy
February 10th, 2007, 04:43 PM
if there are no major faults it will be made publicly available early next week.

Regards
Paul

Meaning over a weeks time?
eg today (Sunday) is the start of this week

Blacky
February 10th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Meaning over a weeks time?
eg today (Sunday) is the start of this week

No (I'm just chronoligcally challenged), as in 1 or 2 days. :)
Paul

Biggsy
February 10th, 2007, 04:54 PM
No problemo, just wanted to clarify:) Im sure others might have thought the same :cheers:

Thanx.

Fratsit
February 10th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Oh boy...... I cant wait. :Eyecrazy: :)

Tordne
February 10th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Now watch the second hands on all your watches slow right down :)

TNT76
February 12th, 2007, 01:38 PM
cough 'we there yet' cough

nitrorocket
February 14th, 2007, 09:15 AM
This may have been answered already, but what software is needed for this? Can I use my old 7.3 software on the RR with this update??

Biggsy
February 14th, 2007, 09:33 AM
see this post http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4442&goto=newpost

TAQuickness
February 14th, 2007, 10:28 AM
This may have been answered already, but what software is needed for this? Can I use my old 7.3 software on the RR with this update??

Nitro - You'll need to hit the sticky at the very top of the forum. Paul has been posting the latest software updates there. You will need that update, the RR, and an RR license.

nitrorocket
February 14th, 2007, 01:40 PM
I checked it out but am still unclear whether or not it can be used with version 1??

Blacky
February 14th, 2007, 01:55 PM

I checked it out but am still unclear whether or not it can be used with version 1??
Based on these two questions, I presume you are asking does the RTACS work with the FlashScan V1 interface?

The answer is yes, you can use either V1 or V2 FlashScan interfaces with the RTACS system.

You need to upgrade to this software though - as it contains a lot of new features that are required for RTACS to work.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4585

Regards
Paul

wickedred
February 25th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Is there an update on the full release or have I missed something? My shop car is about ready.

Blacky
February 25th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Is there an update on the full release or have I missed something? My shop car is about ready.
We are smack-bang in the middle of setting up the CD layout for the latest 7.3.4 release. It should be ready sometime before end of Feb (i.e. in the next few days). We have lots of t's to cross and i's to dot.

Once it is ready it will be posted on our downloads page here:
http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx

And an announcement will be made here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4442
I recommend you subscribe to that thread to get instant notification.

Regards
Paul

wickedred
February 26th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Thanks