PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions pre purchase

serpa4
January 31st, 2007, 06:47 AM
I have the Edge Attitude/Juice. If I go with EFI will the guages still read true on the Attitude, i.e. boost, intake temp, load, etc? I have a boost controller that definatelly messes up the boost reading. When not using the controller, the boost is very accurate to the guage. I'd consider selling the Juice adn just keeping the Attitude for its PID capability and reset capability on teh fly, 0-60 and 1/4 mile, etc. It has a nice tidy look to it.

How quick is it to change programs? I.e. I get off work and need to uninstall a race/play tune and install an EGT friendly tow tune.

I sure hope they develop a power switch on the fly setting for this.

If the guages don't display correctly with EFI, just the standard Boost/EGT should sufice correct since the trans is displayed on the dash.

EFI allows you to control the boost also correct? I.e. I got the boost controller to add more boost for keeping the egt down. I can design a egt friendly program is what I'm after.

Thanks all.
How do you get other people's programs? Typically buy them? Or is there a sorce for free ones for the LBZ?

Help discribe the programing process please:
I think:
1) Use EFI 7.3.3 soft ware on computer to make programs.
2) load into Flash scan (Calculator looking thing) and plug this into your OBD port?
What is FlashScan V2 Scan only and Flash Scan V2 Tuning?
Scan only logs data onto it and you load onto your computer for analyzing?
Tuning allows you to take the data on your computer put there from the Scan tool and change it/program to your liking and then put it back into the truck for more HP?
I get the feeling the scan tool is to replace a computer?
Confused on how all this ties together.

ScarabEpic22
January 31st, 2007, 12:06 PM
Eventually, the D-Max will have its own custom OS (if it doesnt already, depends on year) that will allow you to switch on the fly.

FS V2 Scan is just scanning/logging and playing back data, no tuning features are activated. FS V2 (regular version) allows scanning/logging and flashing of the ECM/TCM controllers. Allows manipulation of various tables within the ECM/TCM and then you flash the changes back.

I would download a copy of the software from the downloads section (most current version and has LBZ support) and look either on the File Repository (Tordne hosts it) or in the EFILive folder in the My Docs folder once installed for a LBZ file to see what you can change. There are tons of parameters, and in scan mode you can read all the PIDs, ect as well. Play around with the software as much as you want, its free, the hardware to read/tune isnt.

joecar
January 31st, 2007, 12:26 PM
Abilities available right now, with V2 connected to a laptop/PC:
- scanning (reading DTC's, Readiness Tests,...);
- logging (while driving);
- reading PCM calibration from flash (and save to file);
- writing PCM calibration to flash (after editing);

Sometime early this year, those abililities will be available without requiring a laptop/PC ("standalone" or "blackbox" mode);

You will still need a PC to edit the calibration files...
you would do these steps (when standalone becomes available):
- read the calibration from the PCM into the FlashScan V2 handheld,
- goto a PC and upload to the PC,
- edit on the PC,
- download the edited calibration to the handheld,
- go back to the vehicle and write.

You can download/install the software, and edit the sample images, to get an idea of what it can do:
http://download.efilive.com/software/EFILiveV733_475_605_555.zip

Checkout www.holdencrazy.com (http://www.holdencrazy.com) for stock/modifed calibrations.

serpa4
January 31st, 2007, 03:29 PM
Excellent, thanks.
Need to buy a flash scan V2. Scan the vehicle and store data on hard drive to manipulate later.
Have laptop already.
Buy and install tuning software and edit for mpg/power what ever.
Modify downloaded data
use flash scan v2 to put back on truck.
I see holden has nothing for LBZ.

ScarabEpic22
January 31st, 2007, 03:33 PM
Excellent, thanks.
Need to buy a flash scan V2. Scan the vehicle and store data on hard drive to manipulate later.
Have laptop already.
Modify downloaded data
I see holden has nothing for LBZ.

Yep, yep, and yep.

You are correct, but what do you mean by the last comment that holden doesnt have anything for the LBZ, that no Holden cars use it? EFILive has the calibrations to tune them now...

dc_justin
January 31st, 2007, 03:44 PM
Yep, yep, and yep.

You are correct, but what do you mean by the last comment that holden doesnt have anything for the LBZ, that no Holden cars use it? EFILive has the calibrations to tune them now...

He's talking about the EFI Live tune repository at www.holdencrazy.com (http://www.holdencrazy.com). Apparently, at this time there are no LBZ tunes to download.:)

Tordne
January 31st, 2007, 04:22 PM
Yeah there are ;)

dc_justin
January 31st, 2007, 04:24 PM
Yeah there are ;)
Ah, did the holdencrazy wizard update the list? :D

Tordne
January 31st, 2007, 04:27 PM
They've been there for a while now. Not 100's but a couple or so...

dc_justin
January 31st, 2007, 04:31 PM
They've been there for a while now. Not 100's but a couple or so...

Doh! I guess I should have checked before just assuming. :cheers:

joecar
January 31st, 2007, 05:41 PM
Excellent, thanks.
Have laptop already.
Modify downloaded data
I see holden has nothing for LBZ.The software is free... forever.

serpa4
February 1st, 2007, 03:43 AM
I didn't see any LBZ stuff on teh holden site. I'll look again.
I see a couple under stock tunes. What good is a stock tune? Am I missing something?

Tordne
February 1st, 2007, 05:44 AM
There are 3 ;) Click on the Engine Type to sort and you'll maybe find them easier... Or just use the 'find' browser option.

serpa4
February 1st, 2007, 06:51 AM
EFILive Tune File Repository - Modified Tunes
Change To: Stock Tunes
Last Updated: 26 November 2006..
No LBZ there.

EFILive Tune File Repository - Stock Tunes
Change To: Modified Tunes
Last Updated: 28 January 2007
2006 Silverado [Newly Added Tune File] Truck 6.6 Litre Automatic LBZ PCM 12604138 904,505 Bytes Download
2007 Silverado 2500 Truck 6.6 Litre Automatic LBZ PCM 12606128 905,785 Bytes Download
2006 Silverado 3500 Truck 6.6 Litre Automatic LBZ PCM 12606128 905,786 Bytes Download

All I see is three stock tunes. Am I missing something?

Tordne
February 1st, 2007, 07:00 AM
Sorry, I just saw the comment about no LBZ files. Didn't catch that you were after modified files. You'll be lucky to find any of those contributed yet with them being pretty new and all.