PDA

View Full Version : VE table V7.3.3

jfpilla
January 31st, 2007, 02:04 PM
The alternate calibration, in my tuning tool, always has a lower value than the calibration file. I can put the same file in both places and the values differ starting at the 5th decimal. Anyone else?

SSpdDmon
January 31st, 2007, 05:58 PM
Every once in a while I'll notice that. I think it has to do with the way the PCM stores the numbers. .000001 is nothing to worry about. ;)

jfpilla
February 1st, 2007, 12:00 AM
It's a bit annoying since it shows up on the differences list when choosing the "summary of differences" button.

Black02SS
February 1st, 2007, 12:08 AM
I have noticed this as well now.

vetteboy2k
February 1st, 2007, 02:46 AM
To get rid of that on the bottom of the differences page, click on the all differences drop down box, and choose .1% and you wont see it in the "summary of differences" button anymore.

turbo lcc
February 1st, 2007, 03:20 AM
I noticed the same thing. I can make a copy of a tune and compair it and the VE tables are different :(

Black02SS
February 1st, 2007, 05:52 AM
You are correct on that will fix the issue, but it shouldn't be necessary IMO.
To get rid of that on the bottom of the differences page, click on the all differences drop down box, and choose .1% and you wont see it in the "summary of differences" button anymore.

RonC
February 1st, 2007, 07:57 AM
Mine would do that too and I kept going out to .00001 to get it to where it wouldn't flag a difference. I think that's close enough.

Ron

Blacky
February 1st, 2007, 08:06 AM
The alternate calibration, in my tuning tool, always has a lower value than the calibration file. I can put the same file in both places and the values differ starting at the 5th decimal. Anyone else?

Hi Joe,

Can you send me the two files you are comparing (paul@efilive.com) and I'll figure out why they show differently. If two files are the same then they should be the same - down to a million decimal places. There must be something else going on.

Regards
Paul

jfpilla
February 1st, 2007, 10:16 AM
Paul,
Just sent them. Actually one file would do. Putting the same file in Cal. and Alt Cal. Yields different results.
Joe

jfpilla
February 1st, 2007, 10:19 AM
Mine would do that too and I kept going out to .00001 to get it to where it wouldn't flag a difference. I think that's close enough.

Ron

Not complaining. Am sure Paul would want to know and fix it and I wanted to be sure it was a common issue.:cheers:

Chevy366
February 1st, 2007, 10:37 AM
Yeah , I said something about differences when they are not any when the update was first released , the previous release did not have this problem , maybe next release will fix ?.

RonC
February 1st, 2007, 10:46 AM
It only does it with me on B0102, VE while Cranking. I appreciate Paul's persistance and attention to detail.