PDA

View Full Version : Tried changing downshift parameters...no change.

Redline Motorsports
January 31st, 2007, 02:18 PM
I was having problems with the BiDi controls on a 06 Trailblazer SS so I thought I would change the downshift parameters to stop the trans from downshifting while on the dyno. The following is the file I modified. Did I miss anything?

Thanks

Howard

limited cv8r
February 20th, 2007, 11:41 AM
I played with some settings on a mates tranny, I found that the lower I made the downshift points the slower he had to be going for it to downshift. It seemed to me that for a given TPS you had to be below the downshift setting for it to downshft. Can I suggest that you try putting low numbers in instead of the max values allowed.

P.S. Here's the T42.cals if you still haven't got them yet. :cheers:

joecar
February 20th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Limited CV8R is correct... :cheers:

downshift is commanded when crossing the downshift curve from above it to below it...

so if it never crosses, then the downshift will never be commanded;

upshift: cross the upshift curve upward.
downshift: cross the downshift curve downward.

this is one of those "righty-tighty, lefty-loosy" things... :D

Redline Motorsports
February 20th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Makes sense. I was looking at it the opposite thinking that if we didn't reach those speeds it wouldn't downshift.

I still don't understand this description;

Controls the Normal Mode 2->1 downshift at the indicated vehicle speed with 0% throttle when transmission is in WOT (Wide Open Throttle) mode.
This 0% throttle value should usually be set to the same value as the corresponding 100% TPS value.

How can it be at WOT with a 0 % throttle? What am I missing?:nixweiss:

Howard

GMPX
February 20th, 2007, 10:23 PM
It just allows a 'crude' interpolation, I know, 0% WOT sounds dumb, but it's a WOT parameter.

Cheers,
Ross

Redline Motorsports
February 21st, 2007, 05:10 AM
We'll then the understanding of this table is backwards and by me raising the MPH did the opposite. Since we got your attention :master: Maybe we should change the description to something that address's it more clearly!

HT