PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard plots

jlakowicz
May 1st, 2005, 01:02 PM
I'm a newbie to EFILive so excuse some dumb questions. Screen B under the dashboard shows 4 plots on a small scale. I would like to have two paramters, vehicle speed and engine speed, plotted full scale top to bottom. How can I do this? Thanks.

Blacky
May 1st, 2005, 02:12 PM
You could alter the existing A or B dash pages, but it is probably better to add a full page chart on dash page C, so...

1. Click on the [C] button to show dash page C.
2. Make sure no other gauges are in dash C - if there are, click on the "Clear current dashpage" toolbar icon, or press the Shift+Crt+N hotkey.
3. Right click in the dash area and select Add->Chart->New chart.
4. Right click anywhere in the new chart and select "Chart properties..."
5. Check the [Left] option under Y-Axis (very right had side of window).
6. Select the[Series] tab page.
7. Select [Series 1]
8. Select the RPM PID from the drop down "Parameter:" list. Alter the min/max values as you wish.
9. Select [Series 2]
10. Select the VSS PID from the drop down "Parameter:" list. Alter the min/max values as you wish.
11. Since you are using a full screen display for this chart, you might as well make the plot lines a little thicker - increase the "Width" setting to suit.
12. Click [Ok]

You will be asked to save this chart. By default EFILive will try and save it in a new theme folder called New - you can choose to create it in New or you can create your own theme folder if you wish. If you want a different theme folder, just enter the theme name in the "Theme:" entry at the lower left.

13. Enter a name for your chart in the "Name:" entry at the lower right. You don't need to type an extension, EFILive will automatically add the correct file extension.
14. click [Save]

Now you have your two parameter chart, to make it full screen click on the "Distribute charts evenly in window" icon. (It's the blue icon with wavy lines in it - they are supposed to look like charts).

Save your dashpage C modifications:

15. Click on "Save current dashpage" (Shift+Ctrl+S)

Now start logging data.

If you need to add that new chart to other dashpages on other dashboards then you can right click and select Add->Chart->Theme: <your theme's name>-><Your chart's name>.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 1st, 2005, 02:18 PM
I forgot to say, if you want the values to display larger, then set the font size larger for each of the two series.
If you have font Autosize checked, then the font's size determines the maximum font size. If needed, EFILive will autosize the font to a smaller size to make it fit int he chart area.

See sample screen shot below:

jlakowicz
May 1st, 2005, 06:11 PM
Paul, thanks a million, I will try this after work. So that is what full screen meants, I tried is assuming it would be like maximizing a window in Windows, that is fill the display screen.

Would you be willing to give similar details for how th get the black box recording working?

Your answer said how to make screen c. Is that the limit, a, b and c, or can there be more dashboards. Thanks. Joe

Blacky
May 1st, 2005, 07:14 PM
Paul, thanks a million, I will try this after work. So that is what full screen meants, I tried is assuming it would be like maximizing a window in Windows, that is fill the display screen.

Would you be willing to give similar details for how th get the black box recording working?

Your answer said how to make screen c. Is that the limit, a, b and c, or can there be more dashboards. Thanks. Joe

Just for your info:
When you maximize/minimize the Scan Tool window yuo can make the charts (and gauges) resize to fill the screen as well by clicking the "Resize dashboard to fit screen" icon. It's the four headed arrow icon in the tool bar.
If you use the pre-set window sizes unde the "Window" menu to change screen size, then the dash gauges and charts automatically resize.

The black box logging should be fairly straight forward. Have you read the Scan Tool manual pages 97 thu 101?

A,B and C is the current limit. Although you can save multiple dashboards and dashpage combinations. You can add/remove/alter the A and B pages as well.
I recommend saving them as something other than "Default Metric" or "Default Imperial". Use a name for your customized dashboards and dashpages and a theme name other than "Default", because the default settings will be overwritten each time you upgrade the software.

Regards
Paul