PDA

View Full Version : Situation...and Questions...

Orion231
February 3rd, 2007, 08:59 AM
This is a big request. Is anyone in/around/near the Odessa, Texas area? Here's the situation.

I own a 2005 Silverado SS (AWD), and I am a Soldier deployed overseas until April 2007. I purchased an STS Kit (GT 67 Turbo, FMIC, Methanol Inj, Fuel System Upgrades, etc) and the kit is being installed by my father. His goal is to have it ready for me so when I come home he can drive it up to FT Bragg, NC and I can take over the truck and tuning. He has great mechanical experience and is doing very well with the kit. But we will need to tune the truck before he drives it up to NC. So I am looking for some help. I don't guess there is a way anyone could help him tune it over email? If I were there I'd be all over it. We just need the truck to run well with the new additions so he can drive it to the East Coast. Just throwing it out there. EFI Live is brand new for me, but I have experience tuning turbo regals. I bought EFI Live because of it's customer base and features. :cheers:

Thanks for your time, if I could find someone in the area to help us limp it up to NC with a basic tune I'd be thrilled.

If anyone can help send me a PM or reply here and I'll get with you on exact modifications.

Orion231
February 3rd, 2007, 08:24 PM
Ok getting veiws, no replies. Maybe this was a bad idea/post. I realize it is a large generalized request, hopefully someone can help out for a baseline.

Again, thanks for the views and reading. :help2:

dc_justin
February 3rd, 2007, 08:37 PM
I'd be willing to help out a member of the armed forces in getting a very safe "starter" tune. :)

Justin

Orion231
February 4th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Justin, thank you very much. :)

I hope everyone understands I have been lurking around on here reading as much as possible and downloading tuning guides and troubleshooting procedures. I haven't simply ordered EFI Live and begun to ask for help. If I were at home I'd take the initiative and get the truck tuned up myself. It's not that I do not trust my father, but he doesn't understand modern day PCMs, ECMs, etc. I grew up around vehicles with computerized system and have a much better understanding of what needs what. With that said, before I come home in April. We have a large op that I will be out for, and will not be able to try and help him over email. So your help will be much appreciated. :master:

What I like about EFI Live the most is the community it has. Everyone here is focused on tweaking and getting all EFI Live users on the same page. I really cannot wait to get home and try it out myself.

Justin, our time differences will be all frelled up, but if you'd like to exchange contact info, I will do so now through a PM. Thanks again. :D

ScarabEpic22
February 4th, 2007, 01:19 PM
I would love to help you, but I really dont know very much, Im still pretty much a tuning noob poking around making little changes here and there. I wish I had a TB SS so I could really learn how to tune it...

Orion231
February 4th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Justin and I are disscussing some issues with the tune. I am very happy he has offered to help out. He is very knowledgable and I may just learn a few new tricks in the process. Thanks for the help again Justin, and I look forward to working it out with you.