PDA

View Full Version : Warranty return - EFILive Pen

jsttry
February 6th, 2007, 10:54 PM
What's the warranty on the EFILive pen that you used to ship? Accidentally broke mine today and I use it religiously every day :(

I can PM you my shipping address for a replacement if you need :)

http://www.mrjj.net/gallery/albums/misc/pen1.jpg
http://www.mrjj.net/gallery/albums/misc/pen2.jpg

eboggs_jkvl
February 7th, 2007, 02:29 AM
30 days or 3000 words which ever occurs first. :Nothing_funny_to_ad

Elmer

Biggsy
February 7th, 2007, 02:41 AM
lol, my pens usually go walkabout well before I get a chance to break/wear them out!

For a small upgrade fee you could get yourself a V2 pen. Features stand alone write/read, extra ink storage, you can add an extra ink card to extend it's writing capabilities and it looks a lot more flash then the V1 pen!!!:D

Dave.

joecar
February 7th, 2007, 03:29 AM
What is the serial number of the pen...?

I pm'd Paul, he will be contacting you.

Tordne
February 7th, 2007, 06:42 AM
I just ran the serial number of your pen, and I'm afraid to say it is out of warranty by 2 days. Sorry, but looks like it's back to the Bic for you :muahaha:

ntae
February 7th, 2007, 09:52 AM
I will send you a new one & a spare to stop you :bawl:

Geoff

joecar
February 7th, 2007, 10:27 AM
:cheers:

5.7ute
February 7th, 2007, 12:58 PM
I havent been able to use mine as there is no tutorial in the download section. Hopefully this will be addressed in the next update.

joecar
February 7th, 2007, 01:00 PM
How about a "Tips and Tricks" subsection for the pen...?

Oh, and be sure to transfer your license from the old pen to the new one.

Biggsy
February 7th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Is Moates going to do a RR for RTW with the pen:confused:

Big Kahuna
February 7th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Have any of you fellas tried the Auto Ve for the pen.

Self corrects some pretty shitty spelling and makes illegible handwriting like new.

I just need one for my keyboard now.

ringram
February 7th, 2007, 10:51 PM
I dont believe your pen will be covered under warranty as I understand you were using it off road and for racing.

PladdPezzPunk
February 9th, 2007, 08:23 AM
:D i wasn't using mine off road, just died one day. I'd like to file a complaint about it too.

jsttry
February 16th, 2007, 04:08 AM
My LS1 never goes offroad (although a few have suggested I should transplant it into my Land Rover for mud racing :)) although yes it does get raced.....but the pen is always safely secured and it has had no modifications done it. Any modifications to the LS1 shouldn't also break the warranty on the pen should it? I'm still running the factory ink so should not have any warranty declines because of this, unless you complain that its meant to have regular ink (oil) changes.

lol, haven't been on in a few days and looks like a lot of interesting points of view :)

Have v2 arriving next week for a friend so I will be doing some R&D on it before I tell him its here :) Still justifying the upgrade myself although the RR looks very neat after seeing it in action with Delco up here recently.

joecar
February 16th, 2007, 04:57 AM
The warranty is not void if you modify the pen case or the internal return-spring, but it becomes void if you modify the rolling-ball-ink-metering mechanism.

5.7ute
February 16th, 2007, 11:00 AM
I modified the size of the bearing in mine & tried to find in the tune tool where I could change the calibration. After an hour of fruitless searching I was none the wiser so I had to refit the old bearing to get a job off the desk.
I was also going to go to a low friction ink & couldnt work out the correct method to scale the IFR table (ink flow ratio) Hopefully sspdemon or red hard supra could make one of there excellent spreadsheets to make this job easier.

joecar
February 16th, 2007, 02:11 PM
lol...:D:cheers:

Garry
February 16th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Is there a way of tuning the ink injection to the roller ball with RTACS? Also, after how many miles does it need an ink replacement due to the age of the fluid?

Chuck CoW
April 9th, 2007, 08:06 AM
What's the warranty on the EFILive pen that you used to ship? Accidentally broke mine today and I use it religiously every day :(

I can PM you my shipping address for a replacement if you need :)

http://www.mrjj.net/gallery/albums/misc/pen1.jpg
http://www.mrjj.net/gallery/albums/misc/pen2.jpg

I must say..... As pretty as the EFI LIVE pen looks (and I got 3 of them ...he he) they don't work so good....Threw mine across the room yesterday....

Do you think that Paul & Ross cheaped out on us..???...or is it something having to do with them arriving in a non pressurized aircraft cargo cabin for the ride to the US??????:D

Maybe all the workshop guys will have our pen warranties extended...kinda like GM Extracare....?????

Chuck CoW

wait4me
April 9th, 2007, 08:25 AM
2 words. Duct tape.

duramaxin14
April 9th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Hey hey what a ripe off when i order my efi live v2 i never got a pen with it i like to have the pen because i hurt it has great aerodynamics when its windy. About how much money will i have to caught up for one of these pens. I really want one no bull skank

ScarabEpic22
April 13th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Say what??? The pen came with V2??? I have both V1 and V2 and didnt get a pen with either of them!!!

WCASE
April 14th, 2007, 09:45 AM
I got a pen with my V2. It's still in the box. I like to think of it as a VIRGIN! :Eyecrazy: Just waiting for my case before moving it. Maybe it will be worth something in a few years.:nixweiss:

duramaxin14
April 17th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Who can we contact to get a pen i really want one