PDA

View Full Version : Setting up PLX with V2

mtnman
February 7th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Have I missed something in the V2 manual for information on this?

I got the V2 hooked, up and after scanning, my Ben_plx2 cells (AutoTune) were way different than the day before when I used the FlashScan V1.

Is the process as simple as clicking on the V2 icon in the scanning tool and clicking the "calibration" button? Or do I have to manually put in values for A2 (I'm using EXT.ad2) ?

On the data tab, BEN_PLX2 averages 0.8
AD2 (External Analog voltage) averages 1.00
AFR_PLX2 averages 12.0 AFR
AFR_PLX2 (volts) averages 1.0V

Tordne
February 7th, 2007, 06:39 AM
To use the calibrate option you need to be able to supply two stable voltages, one high and one low. Then the voltage is scaled/calculated between the two. This process is done before the unit ships so should not be necessary.

If you have a digital volt meter you could always measure the voltage on the orange connectors and compare to what FlashScan is passing to the Scan Tool..

mtnman
February 7th, 2007, 06:57 AM
To use the calibrate option you need to be able to supply two stable voltages, one high and one low. Then the voltage is scaled/calculated between the two. This process is done before the unit ships so should not be necessary.

If you have a digital volt meter you could always measure the voltage on the orange connectors and compare to what FlashScan is passing to the Scan Tool..

It Plugs up just as before, right? I just unplugged (orange connector) it from the V1 and plugged it into the V2.

White wire goes from PLX controller to WB linear output and Gray wire goes from PLX controller to NB output. This is how I had it setup with V1 and it worked correctly.

joecar
February 7th, 2007, 07:54 AM
mtnman,

Hi there...

Your PLX wiring should not need any changes.

Turn your V2 over and look at the decal showing the 5V inputs...
make sure you have the correct polarity:
+ is the wideband analog signal
- is the wideband analog ground

Edit: corrections in red...

If you were using AD1 on V1, then the 3-bit orange plug should plug right into AD2-AD4 on V2.

If you were using AD2 on V1, then you have to rewire the analog signal on the 3-bit orange plug (move it to the other end of the plug), and then you can plug it into AD2-AD4 on V2.

If your V2 is showing voltages which are off by about 0.7V, do this (this is what Andrew said)...
From the ScanTool, connect to V2, then go FlashScan->FlashScan V2 Control Panel
then do this (instructions are shown in the panel):
0. remember your PLX AFR-vs-V points,
1. First make sure you have checkmarks on the AD1-4 channels that you are going to calibrate,
2. program your PLX to output a flat 1.000V,
3. measure this output voltage,
4. enter this voltage (in mV) and press Initialize on the FlashScan V2 Control Panel,
5. program your PLX to output a flat 4.000V,
6. measure this output voltage,
7. enter this voltage (in mV) and press Calibrate on the FlashScan V2 Control Panel,
8. press OK/Finished,
9. program your PLX back to the AFR-vs-V points.

Shouldn't need to do this procedure as V2 should have already been calibrated at the factory.

Joe

Bruce Melton
February 7th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Be very careful with your + and - on V2, as some are opposite depending on where you had the PLX plugged into the V1.
http://home.new.rr.com/meltn/V1-2%20PO.JPG

joecar
February 7th, 2007, 10:19 AM
mtnman, see my corrections above in red ink.

mtnman
February 7th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Great info guys, thanks!

mtnman
February 8th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Ok, I corrected the wires and plugged the orange connector to the proper location on V2. Ran a scan and PLX AFR was 10.4min, 13.2avg, and 15.1max

PLX V was 0.2min, 1.6avg, and 2.6 max.

Cells on the ben_plx map ranged from 0.87-0.91, i pasted and multiplied those cells into the ve table and compared the new cell values to the vales of the VE table for a stock tune. Some of the higher SAE.MAP cells were much lower than the stock tune. For instance, 55/1600 was 79.95 stock and 75.23 from my latest scan. Cell 65/2000 was 79,98 stock and 76.09 from lastest scan.
Do these values seem sane? I dont wanna run too lean and damage the engine.

This post may need to be placed in another section (general?) since it also involves tuning.

New tune left after paste of cells, stock truck tune right.