PDA

View Full Version : help adjust for 3.73 gear please (4L60)

Boost
February 8th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Hello,

I am working on a nasty street tune for my co-workers '06 Silverado. It is a 5.3 with a 4L60, and he has swapped the lazy 3.23 gears it came with for some better 3.73s. His ABS light is now on. I know there is a way to eliminate this through EFILive. I have already punched in 3.73 in two places of his tuning file already. But I know this is not the correct way to do it. I have done a search and there is some sort of a calculated value that must be entered somewhere in order for his speedo to be right and for the ABS light to stay off. Please help me with this. Thanks in advance.

SSpdDmon
February 9th, 2007, 03:02 AM
I wonder if after the gear swap, the ABS sensor is not lining up right with the ring gear? This sounds more like a possible mechanical issue than an issue with the tune. I say that because there are tons of f-body guys that have swapped gears and drove around for a while before getting the speedo corrected - and without an ABS light.

Propper speedo/trans adjustment after gears (make sure all speedo/trans settings are stock): Enter your values, click the circular arrows, click the Adjust button, accept the trans settings (for MPH ref'd tables), and then click the Save button to update the settings in the cells below (pulses per mile, trans output, etc.). If the trans is set already...just click the Save button to update the speedo cells below.

Black02SS
February 9th, 2007, 03:04 AM
See if this helps.

http://download.efilive.com/tutorials/Interactive/How%20To%20Calibrate%20The%20Speedometer.htm

Boost
February 10th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Thank you, that was very helpful.