PDA

View Full Version : Keep Edge J/A or not?

serpa4
February 10th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Was thinking about stacking with EFI because I like all the readings available from the Attitude monitor, boost, EGT, gear, etc. However, after a recent install of a boost controller, the Attitude boost was way off. If stacked with EFI, will the readings all be off like boost, air temp, engine temp (very imprtant since dash is way off), fuel temp, etc? And, I've already installed a nice mount for the Attitude, painted and all. EFI without Attitude would already require a EGT and new pillar mount. Dash trany temp is pretty close, so could live with just the GM trans guage.

GMPX
February 10th, 2007, 05:52 PM
We don't encourage stacking or using the gauges from plug-in modules. Plug-in boxes "fool" the ECM - so it becomes impossible to use logged data to make changes because your readings are not correct.

We've also had reports that changes still appear in the ECM even on stock settings for both plug-in boxes and handheld tuners. What the differences are between actual gauge readings and plug-in displays? I don't know, some may be close enough to use, but when you read stories like this I don't think it's worth guessing. (read post 18 ) http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64762

Cheers,
Ross

Trippin
February 11th, 2007, 08:19 AM
MSD has just released a product called the "Dashhawk". It is basically an Attitude with only the monitoring/gauge functions. And it is built in an Attitude case. :D

http://www.msdignition.com/2007/dashhawk.html

ScarabEpic22
February 11th, 2007, 08:26 AM
The DashHawk is pretty trick, Vector Motorsports is working with MSD in developing it even further. There is a lot going on in development of the DashHawks right now that will make them even better in coming weeks/months...

serpa4
February 11th, 2007, 10:44 AM
The problem is stacking and reading factory sensors. The edge reads boost incorrectly when I installed my boost stick. Problem is the factory sensors cannot be trusted when stacking I guess. I just wonder what else will be off when stacking, engine temp, fuel temp, etc.