PDA

View Full Version : Finally Installed Headers, got a few codes 2 days later

racer383
February 13th, 2007, 01:40 AM
Last weekend, I finally got to install my headers on my 99 f-body. I followed a link here to a great post about want o2, egr and air codes to turn off.

2 days later, it throw a few codes I was not sure about...

There are repeated 3 times, once under EPA, once under EPA pending and once under MHC.

P0134 o2s circuit insufficient activity bank 1 sensor 1
P0155 o2s heater performance bank 2 sensor 1

I am assuming these are the front o2s and I did not just miss tuning something out on the back ones.

Any suggestions on what I need to do?

Thanks

Mark

JET LEE
February 13th, 2007, 03:04 AM
So....I'm assuming that you disabled the rear ones?

You ran two days without throwing codes after disabling the rear ones?

Did you get the error codes all at once or at different times?

I may be totally off base but I would make sure that you haven't burned the plugs or wires on those 02's....just a suggestion. I'm saying this because I burned a plug on one of my rear ones and got similar codes, before disabling them.

racer383
February 13th, 2007, 09:11 AM
So....I'm assuming that you disabled the rear ones?

You ran two days without throwing codes after disabling the rear ones?

Did you get the error codes all at once or at different times?

I may be totally off base but I would make sure that you haven't burned the plugs or wires on those 02's....just a suggestion. I'm saying this because I burned a plug on one of my rear ones and got similar codes, before disabling them.

Yeah, not codes until well into the second day of driving. Rear o2's are disabled. Soon as it cools down I will have to take a peak at the connections, hopefully it is that easy. I do have a set of vette o2's coming also.

Mark

johnv
February 13th, 2007, 03:22 PM
o2s are probably running cooler with the header install, may need to move them forward a bit .