PDA

View Full Version : D4602

jfpilla
February 13th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Shift stabilization? If all gears are set to disable, does that eliminate the need to tune out torque management? If that's what's wanted, that is. Before tuning it out, TM affected 1st and 2nd for my car and they are set to enable. Just found this. Wonder how long it's been there?
Or what does it do?

joecar
February 13th, 2007, 02:34 PM
So disabling each gear eliminates TR when shifting out of that gear, or into it...?

jfpilla
February 13th, 2007, 05:03 PM
So disabling each gear eliminates TR when shifting out of that gear, or into it...?

and maybe someone, someday, will define which tables, that have torque in their name, can be disabled for drag racing without affecting Traction Control and Active Handling.

cmitchell17
April 23rd, 2007, 11:54 AM
Does anyone think that you could use this table to tune TR.

It is like the torque reduction could be timed a little better on a WOT shift.

It seems like you could make the shift quicker by setting a higher gear ratio for 2nd gear. It would take out some of the TR when it first shifts, when it dosent need it as much, then as the rpms drop in the middle of the shift it pulls more timing for a quick shift then takes it all out fast to let you feel that you shifted?

ForcedTQ
January 22nd, 2008, 01:06 PM
Bringing this thread back from the dead, as I was tuning my transmission tables last night I ran across the table to enable/disable Shift Stabilization for each gear.
I noted that in my stock tune Shift Stabilization is only enabled for Second Gear. Is this the correct setting from the factory? What effect does this have on shifting / trans life when the gears are set to enable or disable.
Thanks, It's 5:04pm so :cheers:
Chris

cmitchell17
February 12th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Mine is only set to enable it for first gear, and it looks the same on other truck tunes.

I wonder if this is why I get a hard 2-3 shift at low throttle sometimes?

cmitchell17
March 10th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Anybody ever figure anything out on this?

jfpilla
March 12th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Anybody ever figure anything out on this?

Here's what I got by Googling:
Automatic transmission shift stabilization control
Document Type and Number:
United States Patent 5685799
Link to this page:
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5685799.html

Abstract:
A control for an automatic transmission minimizes shift cycling between adjacent speed ratios due to non-ideal load conditions such as grade climbing and trailering. The control utilizes shift schedule data in formulating a determination of the ability of the vehicle to maintain current levels of performance if an upshift were to occur and inhibits such upshifts where the determination so indicates an inability to meet the criteria.

cmitchell17
March 26th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Yeah thats what ive wondered. How does the transmission add pressure when its going up a steep hill or something when the amount of delievered torque dosent change.