PDA

View Full Version : Two More Newb Questions Please

drhendrix
May 17th, 2004, 12:48 AM
1. Are you sure that the tuner program can disable "Traction Control"? I have seen this confused with Torque Management sometimes.

2. Will the New Tuneing/Logging product (6.4.1?) be in the price range with LS1Edit and HPTuners?

Thanks for your help.

Dennis

Blacky
May 17th, 2004, 07:58 AM
1. Are you sure that the tuner program can disable "Traction Control"? I have seen this confused with Torque Management sometimes.
Our current policy is not to release any supported/unsupported calibrations until the product is finished. The reason for this is we will not know what calibrations we can *properly* support until we have finished testing the product. We do not want to say yes to "this" and no to "that", only to find we were wrong and cause disappointment to potential customers.
What we will do is work very hard to provide you with what you need.

2. Will the New Tuneing/Logging product (6.4.1?) be in the price range with LS1Edit and HPTuners?

EFILive will be sold under a number of different bundles. I guess it is subjective, but we believe all bundles are better value for money than existing products. Some are slightly cheaper and some a *lot* cheaper. Some options are slightly more expensive but with those more expensive options you get better and more useful products.

The upgrade from the EFILive Scan tool to the EFILive Tuning Tool is extremely generous. It is our way of saying thanks to the people who have already bought our scan tool. Our existing customers are as important to us as our potential customers.

Regards
Paul

emarkay
May 17th, 2004, 03:24 PM
FYI - Traction Control (ASR) is NOT related to TM.

TM is a drivetrain protection feature in a ALL cars, ASR is an optional feature, enabled "ON" by default (for obvious reasons). A logic module is available (I think RK Sport sells one) that inverts and defaults it to "OFF".

I don't know if a PCM edit control will be available to do this - and I'd rather have the availability to turn ON ASR if needed!!!

GMPX
May 17th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Guys, I got fed up with turning the TCS off in my car so I came up with this neat little circuit (see pic).

I didn't want to totally disable the system as my wife still needs to drive the car, so the widget you see pictured simply remembers the last setting of the TCS, so if I had disabled the TCS on the last IGN off cycle the widget will simulate the TCS disable button being pushed next start (and until otherwise changed), if the TCS was on then it does nothing.

Couldn't live without it now.

http://www.efilive.com/upload/public/GMPX/TCSLatchV11_PCB.jpg

drhendrix
May 18th, 2004, 12:48 AM
Hey GMPX thats great! Any chance that you would share the component list and some directions on how to connect it?

Thanks
Dennis