PDA

View Full Version : reading hypertech flash

warscout2
February 15th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Has anyone tryed to read the in a can hypertech hand held tune? My friend has the hyper tech power program on his 1999 pontiac formula. He wants me to do a custom tune. Can i read what he has now and base my tune on that or is going to be locked?:-?

Tordne
February 15th, 2007, 09:57 PM
I doubt it would be locked. It will likely be a stock OS in which case you should be fine to read out and alter with EFILive.

Ninety8C5
February 16th, 2007, 01:40 AM
After you read the HyperTech file and before you start tuning, you should hook up the HyperTech and put the stock tune back in the car. You can then put the tune you read out back in with EFILive.

This way the Hyper Tech will be back to normal and should be re-saleable.

SSpdDmon
February 16th, 2007, 03:05 AM
I'd be curious to see what the differences are. You should read the HPPIII tune, restore the stock tune, and then read the stock tune. Save both and use the compare features to see what they changed.

kbracing96
February 16th, 2007, 05:28 AM
I'd be curious to see what the differences are. You should read the HPPIII tune, restore the stock tune, and then read the stock tune. Save both and use the compare features to see what they changed.

I did just that on a 2000 Vortec 5.7 truck the other day, It worked just fine. I tweeked a couple thing in the Hypertech tune, tuned off a bunch of codes (rear O2's) and reloaded the tune and he was happy. He sold the Hypertech, payed me, and still made money, lol

warscout2
February 16th, 2007, 04:00 PM
After you read the HyperTech file and before you start tuning, you should hook up the HyperTech and put the stock tune back in the car. You can then put the tune you read out back in with EFILive.

This way the Hyper Tech will be back to normal and should be re-saleable.
this was my plan the whole time

Garry
February 16th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Do make sure you de-tune the car with the HTIII before you do anything, as once you make any changes, the HT will not allow you to do the de-tune anymore and will be a door-stopper (unless you go back to what it did). Piece of crap ...

warscout2
February 16th, 2007, 08:33 PM
thank you for the warning