PDA

View Full Version : Death to the LC-1

ringram
February 17th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Well, my LC-1 died. Serial works fine but both analog outputs read zero. Apparently its a semi common issue. Got it from a guy in Germany, they are sending me a forward replacement. Well cool.

jsttry
February 17th, 2007, 03:52 AM
Had the same problem with mine, was the DAC's from memory. Can happen from sending it the wrong voltage. Was provided with another one under warranty after I sent it back to the distributor and they tested it.

dc_justin
February 17th, 2007, 03:55 AM
Mine did the same thing a couple of weeks ago... Should have a PLX M-300 in hand on tuesday to replace it. :)

ringram
February 17th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Not sure how it gets sent anything wrong. Its only ever plugged into the efilive inputs. It was wired up ok for about a year!
Nevermind, they said they were sending me a replacement. So thats good service!

joecar
February 18th, 2007, 05:00 AM
When did each of you purchase yours...?

dc_justin
February 18th, 2007, 07:48 AM
When did each of you purchase yours...?

Purchased mine about a year and a half ago. Worked fine for the majority of that time, til I recently swapped it into my trans am. Worked fine for a couple of weeks in it, then just started to freak out. Analog outs would work for a few minutes, then stop working for a few minutes and continue on like this. Now it doesn't give off any signal at all.

jsttry
February 18th, 2007, 09:34 AM
From memory mine was about 18 months ago too. Worked for a while and then died.

ringram
February 18th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Same here, around the same time. Maybe they had a dodgy batch.
I thought it was my v2 efilive causing it to go weird. Until I checked with the serial and it was running fine.

Somewhat of a pain as I have to mess about with the console again to remove it. At least they are sending a forward replacement. Suggests its a known issue. Should be here this week..

Garry
February 20th, 2007, 04:50 AM
Is it indeed the controller, or the wideband?

Doc
February 20th, 2007, 04:57 AM
Argh! 8 months of usage permantly mounted in my car all of a sudden went tits up (No communication at all) loading the car on the trailer Friday night...No track on saturday:mad:

I bought mine from Thunder Racing and they are taking care of me. Just don't know why it worked fine for all those months and just out of nowhere die.

One last noteworthy tidbit, last couple of weeks at shutdown (key off) the led had been doing a funky series of flashes-not like the fault codes but some unrecognizable mess.

Biggest pain is R/R the darn thing.

ringram
February 20th, 2007, 05:54 AM
Sensor is fine as the serial sees a nice signal on mine

ringram
February 23rd, 2007, 09:33 PM
Do any of your guys run laptops off the 12V in the car with inverter or cigarette feed?
If so check this thread out, might be the cause http://efiforum.iqd.co.nz/showthread.php?t=4633

joecar
February 24th, 2007, 05:30 AM
Interesting... ground loop currents would certainly be possible if the LC-1's analog ground were connected to vehicle ground and to the laptop "ground" at the same time (i.e. any device which connects the laptop ground to the vehicle ground).

Using Paul's discussion in the other thread, say the grounding wire has resistance 0.2Ω, then: (24V-9V)/0.2Ω = 75A

This current will certainly fry the grounding wire pretty much instantly, and may pop anthing that was supplying this current.

Doc
February 24th, 2007, 05:40 AM
Interesting stuff. Unfortuneatly in my case my system was isolated and working for a solid year before the controller just up and completely quit working/responding at all. Good news is/was the sensor was fine and the rma came in and is back up and running.

ringram
February 24th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Yeah got my new one on the floor right now.
Just need to disassemble the interior to remove the old one!
No DC inverters for me this time just in case.