PDA

View Full Version : V2 Black Box Logging

ARK 99coupe
February 17th, 2007, 12:03 PM
When will this feature become available. I've done a search, still don't know.
Tired of riding around w/laptop.

Redline Motorsports
February 18th, 2007, 10:34 AM
End of March/April for the black box logging.

ringram
February 18th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Cool. My 2Gb SDCARD is being kept nice and warm.
I would love to just log everything...

Not sure why, it just seems a good idea.

Flashing would also be cool. Then I could quickly flash a kill tune in when leaving the car in dodgy places.

Tordne
February 18th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Flashing would also be cool. Then I could quickly flash a kill tune in when leaving the car in dodgy places.

Not with your RoadRunner mate ;)

ARK 99coupe
February 18th, 2007, 01:32 PM
End of March/April for the black box logging.

Thanks, just hope sooner than later. I be ready to use that thang now!
EFILIVE has to be the best tuner software ever. Ben using it for six months, looked at HP tuners and Tuner Cat and like many bought a hand held predator 1st. That thing was a joke after seeing what EFILIFE could do.:notacrook:

Garry
February 20th, 2007, 05:46 AM
One part of my mind says: Hurry up, our season here is starting soon, my car's back on the road April 1st (and hopefully getting its upgrades soon after) ...

The other part says: Take as long as it takes to get quality software done!

Bruce Melton
February 20th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Another way of looking at it is if you have V1 and V2 and are not a RR or newer than 2004 model GM gas tuner you have two devices that have overlapping capabilities, no advantages>ie storage or stand alone flashing.

Biggsy
February 20th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Another way of looking at it is if you have V1 and V2 and are not a RR or newer than 2004 model GM gas tuner you have two devices that have overlapping capabilities no advantages>ie storage or stand alone flashing.

I beleive RR works on V1 too

Garry
February 21st, 2007, 12:40 AM
but V2 is cooler ... :)

Biggsy
February 21st, 2007, 12:49 AM
yep :D

You don't have to buy another V2 once you have used 25 licences: Advantage

You can buy a model stream : Advantage

Clear codes without Laptop: Advantage

redhardsupra
February 21st, 2007, 04:25 AM
so there's no standalone logging on V2 now at all or just to the SD card? i got one roadracer who obvieously cannot log with a laptop, and i talked him into upgrading to V2. if he cannot log with a blackbox, he cannot log at all. if the new season starts and he cannot log with his 'improved' interface, he's gonna be pissed.

Black02SS
February 21st, 2007, 06:02 AM
You are correct. At this time there is no blackbox logging at all with the V2 interface. He will have to use his old V1 until the firmware patch is released.

Teutonic Speedracer
March 4th, 2007, 04:42 PM
I've got 2 track days coming up in April, and I usually try to log all my sessions.....and I bought V2 a few months ago being told it would do BBL by March. When I setup V2 doesn't it remove the V1 license? Or can I still use my V1 to log if BBL isn't ready for V2 by April 16?

V2 has been sitting in box for months with SD card ready to go....:Eyecrazy:

kbracing96
March 4th, 2007, 05:57 PM
I've got 2 track days coming up in April, and I usually try to log all my sessions.....and I bought V2 a few months ago being told it would do BBL by March. When I setup V2 doesn't it remove the V1 license? Or can I still use my V1 to log if BBL isn't ready for V2 by April 16?

V2 has been sitting in box for months with SD card ready to go....:Eyecrazy:

Your V1 will work just the same as it did before you upgraded it INCLUDING BB loging. ;)

Biggsy
March 4th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Correct, licences are "copied" from V1 to V2 so they are still on V1

cheers,