PDA

View Full Version : Help Help Help

Boost
February 17th, 2007, 03:12 PM
So I made the switch to EFILive and I swear by it ever since, I love it and I am a very loyal customer. However, I am having a very big problem. My '06 LBZ Duramax has been doing very well switching back and forth between my EFILive programs. Now, when I go to program it to my agressive high power program for the BIG race tomorrow, "Check Status", never finishes, an then when you go to program anyway, it says "check PCM connection". Please help me, this is bullcrap, I am a good loyal EFILive user and this problem is going to ruin my entire race day tomorrow.

lakingslayer
February 17th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Plug in the V2 to the truck first. Turn the truck to the on position and then connect it to the laptop. This works every time for me.

Tordne
February 17th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Couple of questions...

Which build (of the Tune Tool) are you using?

What version of firmware is loaded in the FlashScan V2?

When you connect to the vehicle from the Scan Tool what protocol is shown? There will be a indication of the protocol that the FlashScan is using for communications. This will be CAN or VPW and is located towards the bottom right of the FlashScan V2 LCD screen.

THIS (http://download.efilive.com/software/EFILiveV734_495_627_578_51.zip) software update was posted very recently and includes obviously updates to the Scan and Tune Tools, but also .51 firmware for the V2. One of the BIG changes is the protocol detection routines.

Boost
February 17th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Lakingslayer I did what you said and it worked. Thank you both for the support and quick response as usual. I am sorry that I was freaking out, but it was late at night after a long hard day at work, and I couldn't get my EFILive to work for some silly reason. When I can't tune, it's like not being able to breathe. I carry my laptop with me everywhere. I am going to the taping of the TV show "Pinks" in a few hours, and I didn't want any pesky sportscars messing with my Duramax while I'm stuck on my "Economy" tune. Thanks guys and have a great weekend!

Tordne
February 18th, 2007, 07:14 AM
You'd find the latest firmware will sort that out - that was the key change in it, the protocol detection routines :)

I know what it's like to have a problem... Minutes seem like hours :D