PDA

View Full Version : Memory card, laptop, programer, etc...help please

serpa4
February 18th, 2007, 05:55 AM
I just got my EFI v2 for my LBZ. I haven't gotten my laptop yet. The programer takes a memory card. What is this for? I thought I had to have a laptop to change programs.
Can I store programs on the memory card and change without a laptop?
How many megs should a memory card be to hold about 7 programs?
If the programer can hold several tunes, data log, and read and erase trouble codes, they why the need for a laptop? Can a desktop computer do the tune, save to memory card, then use programer to load and change tunes?

cipher0101
February 18th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Yes you will not need a laptop at a later date. Suposed to be out 1st quarter 2007. I would atleast get a 1 gig card.

kbracing96
February 18th, 2007, 06:42 AM
The memory card is for future function of stand alone flashing, reading and logging that are supposed to be coming shortly. It will recognize up to a 2 gig SD card, but they say a 512meg will hold enough mem to log 24/7 for a week and several hundred tunes ;).

To give you an idea on file size, your LBZ tune file is only 2 Megs, and a 1 hour log might be around a meg or a little over, depending on the data rate and the number of PIDs your monitoring :)

serpa4
February 18th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Thanks, I'll get a 512. Guess the EFI is sort of useless for a couple days till laptop comes in. Thus far, I can read and clear codes only.

serpa4
February 18th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Well, found a 2Gb at Wally world for $29. Guess you can't have too much.