PDA

View Full Version : RR License question

DuramaxPowered
February 24th, 2007, 08:34 AM
I just ordered a RR ECM for LB7 Duramax. Will one of my spare license's from my V2 interface work, or is it a special license? I tried searching, but couldn't find a sure answer. From what I understand, it's a special "real-time" license correct?

Tordne
February 24th, 2007, 08:39 AM
When you purchased the RoadRunner you should have also purchased an EFILive Realtime license, which usually costs $199.

The FlashScan licensing does not come into play because it is not actually flashed or read via the FlashScan, but a direct USB (or optional Bluetooth) connection.

DuramaxPowered
February 24th, 2007, 08:49 AM
When you purchased the RoadRunner you should have also purchased an EFILive Realtime license, which usually costs $199.

The FlashScan licensing does not come into play because it is not actually flashed or read via the FlashScan, but a direct USB (or optional Bluetooth) connection.
Gotcha.........I didn't order one, but I will.

Tordne
February 24th, 2007, 08:53 AM
You'll like the RoadRunner PCM - it is awesome!!!

DuramaxPowered
February 24th, 2007, 09:00 AM
I looked at it a while ago and didn't order it.....I have a feeling I shouldn't have waited :muahaha:

Tordne
February 24th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Yeah it all adds up. I love mine - I couldn't go back to standard PCM now :D

DrX
February 24th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Just hooked mine up today. Love the 2 second cal flashes. Don't quite have RTACS sorted out yet. Had it working for a minute. Impressive.

Tordne
February 24th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Happy to help ya with RTACS if ya like mate.

DrX
February 24th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Happy to help ya with RTACS if ya like mate.

Thanks. You may be hearing from me or I'll post up in a new thread. Didn't have much time to play today. Might have something to do with the limits/% setup. I'll check that over first.

Tordne
February 24th, 2007, 05:54 PM
No worries. I'm not online as much these days but still email and all is good :)

cliffy v
August 23rd, 2007, 04:53 AM
Help me sort this piece out. I already have EFIlive V2. I already licensed my unit to the ecu. If i have my ecu sent in and modified, when it comes back will i need to purchase another license with EFILive to update it?

Tordne
August 23rd, 2007, 07:08 AM
The RoadRunner license is the US$199 cost of the package. This PCM is tune through the Tune Tool directly connected to the RoadRunner (i.e does not go through V2).

Is more a question for Craig as to whether the PCM serial number (which FlashScan V1/V2 license against) is going to change - I'd expect not if he is using your PCM.

cliffy v
August 23rd, 2007, 09:02 AM
Well then in theory, as long as my PCM stays the same, meaning i get the same one back, i will be able to use my current software and licensing, just not the flashscan v2 hardware. So not all is lost in vain since i have a lb7.
Ill prob want to RR that as well

The RoadRunner license is the US$199 cost of the package. This PCM is tune through the Tune Tool directly connected to the RoadRunner (i.e does not go through V2).

Is more a question for Craig as to whether the PCM serial number (which FlashScan V1/V2 license against) is going to change - I'd expect not if he is using your PCM.