PDA

View Full Version : Kalmaker

limited cv8r
February 24th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Has anyone had much experience with Kalmaker for tuning the older 5 litre holdens and V6's, or recomend any other setup. Moates autoprom & tunercat or tunerpro for example.

MICK
February 24th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Have not used kalmaker but you will find that most of the early holden definitions are supported. ( $51, $A5, and $A6 ).

People tell me it's good and gets the job done real well.

Me personally, I choked on the outlay to cover all holden models and I had more fun hacking them.

I have used RT tuner pro and Tuner Cat Obd 1 with Craigs Ostrich and found it to be good.

The definitions above are unsupported for the VS series 3 and VT V8 Holden.

Hint Hint, Ross......:)

I like the ability to be able to build definitions in both of the above with added utilities that they have.

I find Tuner Pro very cool because of all the added features (2D and 3D viewer, Bin stacking, ect) it supports bin files in LS1 as well.

I have used Craigs GP3 switcher and a Ostrich with tuner Pro and this is a hand full but quite fun....:)

A GP3 Switcher used on a vn/vp with a Ostrich or Auto Prom will give you 16 tune files to tune in real time, I guess this is what I mean by hand full.

Its a good setup to have on a VR/VS Auto as each tune can have different Auto transmission settings and you can switch between them while you drive. (track tune, street tune, ect).

If the definitions were supported I would rather RT Tuner Pro as the initial cost is just about free.

EFI Live V4 scan tool can be used with good results...:)

Looking forward to the the day that Paul and Ross intergrate OBD1 tuning and Scanning into V2.

Another Hint....:)

Cheers

Mick

VYSSLS1
February 25th, 2007, 02:33 AM
Same as mick, in my opinion the best on the market for the era.

mick do u also have the definitions for the vs v6/v8 Autos

and can anyone else do the definitions for the Series 3 (VS) and VT V8, even the v6's as well.

MICK
February 25th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Well, you are looking for the $83.

I have played around with this a little.

I found that the $83 was pretty much the same as $11.

There was a few things different with parameter location offset of 1. The order of prameters was pretty much the same as $11.

I have not sorted the rev limiter, it's looking me in the face, I should have another look and stay off the grog, you never know what could happen, these days...:)

I got a little tired towards the end of the definition but most of it is there.

I will not state that everything is correct. Better something than nothing.

Have fun......:)

Cheers

Mick

limited cv8r
February 26th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Not sure if this is what your after, but if so, here is the link.http://www.efilive.com/overview_vehicleDef.htm

holden__v8
April 5th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Sorry to bring this up from the dead but none of you guys wouldnt happen to have a vr $11 or $12 definition files for tune pro i have some for vn vp 5d but i wanna work on a mates vr v6 with tuner pro but the $11 defintion i got is rubbish auto settings all over the place no rev limiter part etc etc.

MICK
April 5th, 2008, 07:51 PM
I hear there is a couple different $11 versions from Holden.

GMH played a game where it moved parameters around but yet still used the same mask ID of $11. Think they did the same for the $12 code as well.

The file you have is ok, just doesn't suit your application.

This might help.

Cheers

Mick

holden__v8
April 5th, 2008, 08:25 PM
looks very close to the one i have already but thanks anyways il see how i go.
Mainly intersted in stoping the car from going to 2nd even when u hold it in 1st. Last time i tried playing with the auto settings on a vs v8 they were all mixed up ie power mode was normal etc etc ( layout was incorect in tuner pro) .