PDA

View Full Version : Min. turbo vane position?

IdahoRob
February 28th, 2007, 08:10 AM
The LLY has a minimum turbo vane position table. I was wondering what the chances are of getting one on the LBZ software.

Thanks,
Rob

GMPX
February 28th, 2007, 10:03 AM
It's in the next update, though, from factory it is already set to 2.5% everywhere.

Cheers,
Ross

IdahoRob
February 28th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Thanks Ross,

This is great news for me. I like to alter the min. vane position for my twin turbo application.

GMPX
February 28th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Thanks Ross,

This is great news for me. I like to alter the min. vane position for my twin turbo application.

Sounds good Rob, I'm not sure how you will go running the turbo's VNT controls in parallel, you might need an electronics guy to build a buffer of some sort to share the load between the two, the ECM might get cranky. Kind of like putting two speakers on the same output on an audio amp.

Cheers,
Ross

IdahoRob
March 1st, 2007, 02:49 AM
Sorry Ross, the term twins is misleading.

I run the stock turbo to spool up a much bigger wastegated standard non-VVT turbo. I only need to control the stocker with electronics, and the second (bottom turbo) with a wastegate.

Having min. vane position control allows me to keep the stock turbo helping out with boost even when the ecm says no.

IdahoRob
April 3rd, 2007, 01:43 AM
Thank-you guys for adding the min. vane position in the latest update. This will help a ton with the twins set-up.

I really appreciate the individual attention to details that you guys do for everyone.:rockon:

Take care,
Rob

GMPX
April 3rd, 2007, 10:26 AM
No problem, sometimes we get a little stuck though......like cranking injection quantities on the LBZ :bawl:

Cheers,
Ross

JoshH
April 8th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Ross, I was just looking through some tunes on my laptop. For some reason the tunes that use an LBZ OS have the minimum vane position, but the tunes that use an LLY OS don't. Do you know why?

GMPX
April 8th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Josh, I now see that is missing, but here's a thing, it's also missing in my LBZ files!, I have a horrible feeling I must have written over the data for that map for ALL LLY/LBZ engines before I regenerated the cal files. :bawl:

Cheers,
Ross

IdahoRob
April 8th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Josh, I now see that is missing, but here's a thing, it's also missing in my LBZ files!, I have a horrible feeling I must have written over the data for that map for ALL LLY/LBZ engines before I regenerated the cal files. :bawl:

Cheers,
Ross
I have it on my tune files

Cobra#3747
April 9th, 2007, 12:14 PM
I dont have it in mine :help2:

JoshH
April 9th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Did you upgrade to 7.4? All the LBZ files I have have the min vane position file, but none of my 06 LLY files do.

IdahoRob
April 9th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Well.......I have the table and set it to my desired min. vane position. The truck doesn't listen to the table:bash:

On my logs, the stock VVT is dropping below where I have my tables set.

Any thoughts guys and gals?

Thank-you

Cobra#3747
April 9th, 2007, 09:56 PM
I have 7.4 update 01. I didnt download update 02 since I didnt have the problems that fixed, guess I should.