PDA

View Full Version : Fit to Scan Tool/Tune Tool

limited cv8r
March 1st, 2007, 01:34 PM
Is there a way to get the scan/tune tools to be side by side as opposed to on top of each other apart from manually moving them when the "fit to" option is used. I find it is easier to see data in both screen when they are next to each other instead of on top of each other. Is there a way to do this in the software or maybe added as an option . I've attached a couple of pics to show what I mean.

Biggsy
March 1st, 2007, 07:16 PM
I use side by side too, would also like to know!:)

Cheers,

SSpdDmon
March 2nd, 2007, 02:42 AM
If both programs appear in the task bar at the bottom of your screen, minimize all windows, hold Ctrl, and left click on both programs. Then, right click on one of them and select tile vertically. That works with any 2 or more programs running in Windows and within many Windows-based programs as well (like Excel - Window>Arrange...>Vertical).

joecar
March 2nd, 2007, 04:20 AM
Jeff, good one... :cheers:

SSpdDmon
March 2nd, 2007, 04:31 AM
:wave: Thank you, thank you [bows graciously] :lol:

Biggsy
March 2nd, 2007, 05:32 AM
:cheers: Works a treat :cheers:

Happy Jim
March 2nd, 2007, 11:27 AM
Get 2 screens - sooo much nicer :cheers:

Jim

TAQuickness
March 2nd, 2007, 11:49 AM
yeah. I just got a dual screen at work - very cool. Been trying to figure out how I could get the 20" FPD's in my car.

Bruce Melton
March 2nd, 2007, 12:14 PM
Where have I been all my life? That is cool.

limited cv8r
March 2nd, 2007, 01:02 PM
That's great, pity we can't just do it in flashscan. Maybe have the option to fit to verticle, or fit to horizontal. My laptop doesn't want to play nice with SSpdDmon's advice for verticle display, it just minimises both displays and overlays them.

Biggsy
March 2nd, 2007, 08:33 PM
Get 2 screens - sooo much nicer :cheers:

Jim
I use 2 screens when I am inside, pain in the a$$ to take the 42" out to the car each time though!:muahaha:

Cheers,

Ira
March 3rd, 2007, 06:10 AM
Is there a way to get the scan/tune tools to be side by side as opposed to on top of each other apart from manually moving them when the "fit to" option is used.

I'd guessing this will end up on the features list. When Paul started down this path all screens were 4/3 and up-down was all that made sense, now that everything is going widescreen side by side works.

Ira