PDA

View Full Version : Gen V tuning ?

Boost
March 2nd, 2007, 03:22 PM
I just purchased a '07 Chevy Silverado (new body style) with a 4.8 liter V8 engine. I have tried tuning an '07 Tahoe with a 4.8 before, so I know it's not possible at this time? How soon is support for these engines coming out?
(2007 - LMM diesel, 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, 6.2, 7.0)
I am especially concerned about tuning my new 4.8 truck. I got an awesome deal on it since I'm a GM employee, but it has NO options (WT), and I need to tune it soon! (Has 3.23 gears, 285 hp / 295 tq, reg. cab short bed 4x2)
Thanks !!!

Tordne
March 3rd, 2007, 08:02 AM
LMM is pretty close :)

Boost
March 3rd, 2007, 01:02 PM
Correction : I have 295 hp / 305 tq , I beleive.
Still, all of the power / torque is at around 5000 rpm, and the lazy gears are
not letting it get up there. I am saving up (for a while) for a 4.10 gearset, which I beleive will help a lot. I am glad that LMM support is on the way, however, those engines are not even out yet (here), while the new gas motors are a dime a dozen, but not tuneable by EFILive.
I have no money for mods and I have already invested in tuning so I am very anxious for the 07 gas motor support. I have a "C" engine. I can provide you guys with info on the new trucks, as well as any other GM product, just let me know what you need. Today, I did a Mobil 1 oil change, removed the spare tire and jack / tools, and installed a drop in K&N filter I had laying around. Then I did a burnout with only 349 miles, but it felt like one tire fire. My truck is slow, (feels like high 15s) I NEED TO TUNE !!!

Boost
March 6th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Do you guys need any stock Gen V files to develop support sooner? How do I even do that? (I tried and it wouldn't read)

Biggsy
March 6th, 2007, 09:32 AM
You can only read supported tunes using EFILIVE, therefore you can't read out your stock tune.

Boost
March 9th, 2007, 03:32 PM
When, when, when? Any news?

Boost
April 2nd, 2007, 10:09 AM
Sorry but I was wondering if there are any updates regarding this issue. It seems that I have a half dozen customers with new trucks lined up and I've been telling them that it will be a few months. Thanks.

Boost
April 8th, 2007, 05:32 AM
bump :(

Boost
May 8th, 2007, 11:04 PM
:bawl:
Where is my Gen V tuning ???
:bawl:

My '07 4.8 liter "C" motor Silverado is painfully stock and shifts like a granny!

Boost
June 19th, 2007, 11:32 PM
I was incorrect, they are not Gen 5 after all. They are Gen IV with E67 ecu

cmitchell17
June 20th, 2007, 03:10 AM
What is the diffrence with the new 4.8. Are the new 5.3s like the L33 in the 05+ 4x4.

Boost
July 5th, 2007, 01:42 PM
I can post the mechanical specifications of the new engines compared to the
'07 classics, but it would be a VERY long post.

I need to make some corrections to my previous posts in this thread and I need some people who know what they are talking about to chime in too please. I am trying to tune my new body style Silverado with a "C" motor, as well as a half dozen customers with new trucks that are waiting. I understand that a new update for the EFILive software has just been released for E38 / E67. I thought all this time that my truck has an E67, and that's why I couldn't tune it yet, but tonight I could not read it under E67. However, I was able to read under E38, just to get the dreaded "Unrecognized PCM" message. So I am thinking :

A.) My '07 new style Silverado has an E38 PCM

B.) I need to send the unrecognised tune file to EFILive support -or- download the latest version which supports US E38s

C.) The '07 Monte Carlo SS / Impala SS that I can't read under E38 have
E67 PCMs

D.) Those will also be supported with this new release

Am I correct?

GMPX
July 9th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Should be supported (well, for about a month now I guess).
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5540

Although, Paul is posting another update tonight so check the updated software threads.

If you need anything urgent shoot me a PM, most of the E67 ECM's are done too.

Cheers,
Ross

Boost
July 9th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the info. The thread in the link you posted was what gave me the idea to try reading my '07 truck under E38. I was very happy when it worked, but at the end I was disappointed to see "Unrecognised PCM", since I can't tune it. So I guess what I should do is send you the tune file? Or what are the chances that the update tonight will support it?