PDA

View Full Version : 2-bar MAP Questions

VortechC5
May 5th, 2005, 01:39 AM
Here is how I understand that things work now on a boosted application: The stock 1-bar MAP sensor maxes out at WOT under boost. The PCM only takes input from the MAF and RPM to calculate the enrichment. It will also take into account the values from IAT and ECT to make timing adjustments. Is this close to correct?

If I converted to a 2-bar MAP sensor and corresponding calibration when available would the PCM then take into account the data from the MAP sensor as well as the MAF sensor for calculating power enrichment?

I am thinking that my driving conditions (20s def F to 100 deg F, altitude 4500 feet to 11000 feet, I live at 7000 feet) may justify keeping the MAF sensor in the loop.

I am also thinking that the 2-bar MAP sensor may help with part throttle boost. I am using a Vortech race bypass valve set to close at 6 in/hg so I do see part throttle boost.

I normally see 8.5psi of boost but on a cold day or if I drive an hour or two away I can easily see 1+ psi more. It seems like a 2-bar MAP could help here and keep my WOT AFR safe.

Thoughts?