PDA

View Full Version : RTACS Progress

Doc
March 3rd, 2007, 08:30 AM
Finally got a break in the weather and life schedule to play with RTACS again today. Anybody else care to share their experiences with RTACS? I am having a ball with the VE table. Specifically, can anybody elaborate their experiences on/with applying RTACS to the Idle>Throttle Cracker, Follower tables?

I am kinda bummed by how little (public) feedback is/has been published so far. I have been hoping that like at a really good dinner there is little conversation as the participants are so indulged in the really good meal they have little time without a mouthful of food.

TAQuickness
March 3rd, 2007, 09:12 AM
brmmmr bbkjd hmmmm <finishes big bite> yeah, RTACS kicks ass. I really went nuts with my VE tables, started working on some idle stuff, and have had the bird parked for the better part of a week now.

wickedred
March 3rd, 2007, 03:09 PM
I am getting really close to having my shop turbo car ready to go. I will be doing all my tunning with the EFI/RR RTACS setup. I will elt everyone know what I think of it as I go.

Doc
March 3rd, 2007, 04:23 PM
Kool Wickedred, keep us posted. Minytrker did you ever get things sorted?

Doc
March 4th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Anybody had any luck setting up the MAF or anything else? Iv'e tried experimenting today but had no luck with the idle or MAF tables.

TAQuickness
March 4th, 2007, 01:02 PM
there is an update comming soon to address the 2D tables.

DrX
March 4th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Anybody had any luck setting up the MAF or anything else? Iv'e tried experimenting today but had no luck with the idle or MAF tables.

Setup something for idle but couldn't get it to update the table properly. Also not sure of the relationship between the table and the desired airflow PID. Logged values differ from those in the table.

Will wait and see what the update does for us.

Doc
March 8th, 2007, 11:55 AM
there is an update comming soon to address the 2D tables.

Ah,...ehm... squeezing legs together.

After finally putting the demonic LC-1 issue to bed today finally once and for all I am back on track. (Had to RMA the controller, (RTACS worked great)(Then went insane) then exchanged the sensor) and finally RTACS = razor sharp VE table. Ready to jump in and help others with the VE table, RR, RTACS; but still haven't had enough system up time to experiment enough to get the 2D tables to work. I'd really like to get this nailed before my trip to Madrid next month.

:cheers:

How's everybody else doing?

LSRacing
March 8th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Did some dyno tuning on a 2000 LS1 camaro today using RATCS. It worked like a charm. We did the full nine yards on this car. Upgraded from a 99 OS to a 02 first. Then upgraded to COS 5 from the 02 tune and finally after many hours of upgrading got to get on the dyno for some fun stuff.

This car has a 600+ lift cam and patriot stage II heads. It crawed onto the dyno running very poorly. Took about 30 min to get RATCS configured correctly to work with the LM1 setup and after doing so, took about 2 min to get 90% of the VE table dialed in.

It was very confusing at first to get the RATCS setup to work and to figure out how to set up the filters, but once we did, PRESTO. Finished the Dyno tune in 4 Pulls with ease. I would highly suggest this to anyone that wants to tune there car correctly as it will walk you right thru the VE table. Glad to hear your doing well with it also.

Doc
March 8th, 2007, 02:13 PM
That's really cool thanks for sharing your experience. Best thing since sliced bread eh? When you break it down really this system is a revised fuel trim system incorporating a wideband O2. HPwhat

joecar
March 8th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Good job... :cheers:

dc_justin
March 8th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Can tell you what, Craig moates will be receiving $1100 of my money fairly soon. I'm using EFI University's 512K RR right now and finally got to give RTACS a try last night. What a breeze it is to have a smoothed VE table in such a short period of time... Should be finishing it up tonight after I replace the cig light fuse that popped on me last night. :)

wickedred
March 15th, 2007, 09:20 AM
I am getting really close to having my shop turbo car ready to go. I will be doing all my tunning with the EFI/RR RTACS setup. I will elt everyone know what I think of it as I go.

Well I have a little update for you guys. My shop car has gone from a street/strip car with a big emphasis on the street to a streetable race car. I am gonna keep the 17x9 & 17x11 Chrome ZR1's for some bling, but the EFI Live/RR combo has been sold and replaced with a LS1 GEN 7 DFI setup. I am on my way to needing 96lb injectors and didnt want to have to rely on a injector driver. I have had back luck with them in the past. I wish all of you guys the best of luck with your setups. See ya at the track.

Cablebandit
April 8th, 2007, 12:39 AM
if i install rtacs, can i still use scan/tune like normal? I tune my friends cars also using their pcm....can i still do that like normal with the rtacs software installed?

ChipsByAl
April 8th, 2007, 04:02 AM
if i install rtacs, can i still use scan/tune like normal? I tune my friends cars also using their pcm....can i still do that like normal with the rtacs software installed?
Yes you can
Al

pkincy
April 9th, 2007, 02:29 PM
It was very confusing at first to get the RATCS setup to work and to figure out how to set up the filters, but once we did, PRESTO. Finished the Dyno tune in 4 Pulls with ease. I would highly suggest this to anyone that wants to tune there car correctly as it will walk you right thru the VE table. Glad to hear your doing well with it also.

If you get a chance to describe what was confusing and how you solved it, I would love it. I tend to be one to get confused easily (:Eyecrazy: ) and having the tricks of the trade going in would be most helpful to this thread.

Perry