PDA

View Full Version : FlashScan update May 25, 2004

Blacky
May 22nd, 2004, 07:26 PM
EFILive's integrated wide band O2 logging has been demonstrated by GMPX earlier this week. Screen shots of one of the log files that was recorded during the demonstration can be viewed here:
http://www.efilive.com/news_20040523.html

Regards
Paul

Steve Bryant
May 23rd, 2004, 03:08 AM
Observations:

Cold start-up - It's interesting to see how rich the mixture is and how quickly it starts to approach stoichiometric before the NBO2 have even moved. I think that this will be very useful in trimming mixture values for a smooth idle at various ECT/IAT combinations. Not just for cold starts but for "warm" starts where the vehicle has sat and cooled for 45 minutes or so.

WOT - Interesting to see the time correlation between all the AFR related PID's. Now we have some accurate quantative data to try to optimize mixture and power.

Food for Thought:
If the scaling values for AFR:1 and WBO2AFR were inverted as a default setup, everything would move upward to indicate rich and visa versa. I'm not sure if we as a user can set a lower value for max and a higher value for min. I'll try this next time I'm logging.

I think that if a user were to group WBO2AFR, Spark Advance, Eng. Torque, and Knock Retard together; you would have a summary of extremely useful data in tuning. This was my basic idea behind the Pseudo Dyno concept that I suggested on the Wish List Forum a while back http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=503. For instance, Dash B1 could be the more analytical detailed PID'S and Dash B2 could be customized by the user without disturbing Dash B1. If you did something like this, you might could make B1/B2 toggle back and forth by repeated pushes of the [F10] key or maybe CTRL + [F10] or something like that. That way, you wouldn't disturb the programming on anything else.

Summary: Great Job!!! :D 8)

Steve

deezel
May 24th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Nice job. 8)
Interesting how the WBO2 shows that the PCM-commanded AFR is off at start up but accurate at WOT.

Any updates on the beta test program?
I'm interested...

Blacky
May 24th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Nice job. 8)
Interesting how the WBO2 shows that the PCM-commanded AFR is off at start up but accurate at WOT.

Any updates on the beta test program?
I'm interested...

Prior to starting the beta test program we are conducting our own internal testing. We hope that internal testing will be completed in the next few weeks. Following that, we want to get the beta test up and running.

Regards
Paul

DebianDog
May 26th, 2004, 02:43 AM
we want to get the beta test up and running.

Pick me, pick me http://www.ls2.com/forums/images/smilies/jump.gif I have an LM-1 too!

bink
May 26th, 2004, 02:02 PM
EFILive's integrated wide band O2 logging has been demonstrated by GMPX earlier this week. Screen shots of one of the log files that was recorded during the demonstration can be viewed here:
http://www.efilive.com/news_20040523.html

Regards
Paul

Where can I find an Emoticon that does handsprings, round offs and back flips (sommersaults)? This is great news :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

XLR8NSS
May 26th, 2004, 02:44 PM
I can beta test with a Techedge 1.5 setup for you. :) :wink:

GMPX
May 26th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Actually guys, the beta test portion of the WBO2 intergration is not totally needed. You see, you will just define a new PID to suit your WBO2 controller.

So for example, the WBO2 unit that was all logged from is made by PLX, they give you a formula to calculate the AFR by given 'x' volts in to the A/D, as I'm sure they nearly all do.
This is not an ad for PLX, but I did observe the simluated O2 sensor signal from the PLX unit (which was also logged) was spot on to how the real O2 sensor was behaving which is still in place. Having seen that I wouldn't hesitate to replace the std O2 with the simulated output from the PLX unit.
I guess most of the known WBO2 units would be just as accurate.

Highlander
May 26th, 2004, 08:55 PM
LM-1 here also.

emarkay
May 27th, 2004, 03:53 AM
As Mr. Wizzard used to say (or was it Mr. Ed?): "Volts is volts!"

Highlander
May 27th, 2004, 04:50 AM
Well... not necessarily... I can have 12v and 10ams vs 12v and 1amp... ;)