PDA

View Full Version : finnaly used my flashscan but

ace68
May 5th, 2005, 01:42 AM
well I put some 4.10's in my car and some test pipes however the clabration didn't take on my speedo it was still way off after the flash from flashscan. Also at that time I installed some test pipes for the track, they go in place of the converters, and do not have rear o2's so I deleted the rear o2's that did take? Futermore, I was scanning with the flashscan and noticed the timming was off significaly as compaired to autotap efilivev6 pro along with one of my ltrims it was off the chart on flashscan but in autotap it was equal to the other ltrim.
Is my cable out of calabration or do I need to remove the efilive from my pc I also have my ls1 edit on my pc also and my car's PC has a tune from ls1 edit that I was adjusting with flashscan. On the dyno yesterday I couldn't change my PE but still made 344rwhp and 358 fttq in my stock motor 01 firehawk. :wink: Can some one help out with some info thanks ACE.

P.S. when I returned home from the dyno I set my gear change with my old edit and it worked I hope it's some esay fix on the Flasscan because it much easyer to use than changing cables and much faster to up load and download the car's pcm.

wait4me
May 5th, 2005, 02:22 AM
Its kinda tricky, did you put in both the rear gear, and the tire size, then press the button below with the two arrows, Then all the numbers will change. ??? Then did you press the adjust button then that opens up another table and you then press adjust now... ??

If you are having problems email me at jessebubb@yahoo.com, ill tell you the numbers you need to put in for your 4.11 gears. jes

Blacky
May 5th, 2005, 09:22 AM
V7.1.8 has a bug when calculating some speedo settings.
Make sure you are using at least V7.1.9.
You can download the pre-release 7.1.9 here:
http://www.efilive.com/downloads/downloads_7.html

Regards
Paul

ace68
May 5th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Ok I will download the latest version I have the 1.7.8 and I DID NOT do the tire size so that may be my problem. :(

Thanks again

Jess I'll let you know if I have a problem thanks you da man!

check your pay pal I think I forgot something before. :wink:

Blacky
May 5th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Ok I will download the latest version I have the 1.7.8 and I DID NOT do the tire size so that may be my problem. :(

You can enter either a new diff value or a tire value or both and EFILive should calculate the values.
If you don't enter a new tire, EFILive uses the existing tire size.
If you don't enter a diff (gear) ratio, EFILive uses the existing ratio

Regards
Paul