PDA

View Full Version : Does blending work with data that is copied

Dirk Diggler
May 5th, 2005, 02:08 AM
and pasted from the clipboard

Steve Bryant
May 5th, 2005, 05:00 AM
Dirk,
I don't quite understand what you are asking. I think that you are asking if you paste values into a table (replacing the original cell values) will the blending feature in the Tune software work. If that is what you are asking, the answer is yes. If I am misunderstanding your question, please help me to better understand the question.

Steve

Dirk Diggler
May 5th, 2005, 06:15 AM
I use spread sheets to fix up my ve table after a logging session. I got an afr error table an old ve table table and a new ve table with all the corrections made based on the afr error map i made.

When copying the new ve table from the spread sheet back into the tunning software does blending perfrom blending on the data pasted from excel to the program. It seems that i still have spikes and valley even though i have blending active and it set to linear....

Blending only seems to be active when i manually type the a new value for the cell rather than when data is pasted into say the whole table or a section of the table.

Steve Bryant
May 5th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Dirk,
When you import/paste the data from the spread sheet into the Tune table, you will need to select the cells that you want to blend and how you want to blend it. Then you blend the data with subsequent mouse clicks. The blend features are very powerful, but they are not automatic. You have to decide how you want the data blended. The way you do it may be different from someone else.

I frequently use the blend and smooth features on imported data. I want to recommend that you use the percentage blend rather than always going at 100%. For instance, look at a factory stock VE table. There are steps and dips and peaks in the table which are legitimate. Too much blending and the topography of the landscape is leveled too much and your table doesn't reflect the operating characteristics of the engine. On the other hand, manipulated data with no smoothing makes for poor/rough transitions from one cell to the next.

All my best,

Steve

Blacky
May 5th, 2005, 08:33 AM
I want to recommend that you use the percentage blend rather than always going at 100%.

Dirk,
Blending is not applied when pasting data from the clipboard.
Blending is only applied when manually editing data using the F7/F8, Ctrl+F7/Ctrl+F8 and the Ctrl+= and Ctrl+- keys.

Regardless, I do not believe blending would help in your situation. Blending only applies to the cells just outside the border of the changed data, not the data itself.
Smoothing applied to the cells that received the pasted data, as explained by Steve, will smooth out the peaks and valleys.

Steve,
You post may be a little confusing, smoothing and blending are two distinct processes.
Smoothing is applied "after the fact" to existing data.
Blending is applied only when data cells are being changed by the user via the keyboard.

Regards
Paul