PDA

View Full Version : whats the next step

INDY500
March 7th, 2007, 09:11 AM
here my last tune file , and scan. i did my best last night ,but i faced some problem ,

im not sure if the lc1 is workn' or not ?
knock retard in all run ?
IS IT RUN SD. NOW ?

i became hate the car, its run like shit ;(? is there any help me to fix it .

plz take a look at my file ,than tell me what i missed .

SSpdDmon
March 7th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Mods?

INDY500
March 7th, 2007, 01:24 PM
347 cid forged engine - p1 procharger 12 psi -42lb injectors -ported heads -cam 224/228 114 - full exhaust system -ls6 intake - 3.42 gear -3200 stall -

INDY500
March 7th, 2007, 01:53 PM
is there any one can fix my file or send me sd for forced induction to copy?

SSpdDmon
March 7th, 2007, 05:23 PM
This looks a bit messed up with certain values being "out of range." Do you have the stock file?

First impressions...
1) It looks like you're in open loop speed density with the MAF table zero'd out and the close loop temp enable table max'd out. BUT, your backup VE table looks stock and you added a 1/4% to the main VE table.?.? Are you adding fuel for the boost through the injector tables?
2) You say you're getting KR...the timing table looks awefully high for a H/C car running 12psi of boost. My dad's stock cam'd, magnacharged C5 runs 16* of WOT timing up to the 5200rpm row, 17* at 5600rpms, and 19* at 6000rpms and he's only running 6~7lbs of boost. Why is your timing so high?
3) When you log, where are you coming up with your pid selection? I show 38 channels in use, which is going to slow your logging rate/time down quite a bit. You need to keep it to 24 or less channels. Focus on the basics like MAP, ECT, IAT, VSS, KR, spark, grams/cyl, WBO2, etc.

INDY500
March 7th, 2007, 11:06 PM
the sotck file by ls1 edit

INDY500
March 8th, 2007, 07:18 AM
This looks a bit messed up with certain values being "out of range." Do you have the stock file?

First impressions...
1) It looks like you're in open loop speed density with the MAF table zero'd out and the close loop temp enable table max'd out. BUT, your backup VE table looks stock and you added a 1/4% to the main VE table.?.? Are you adding fuel for the boost through the injector tables?
2) You say you're getting KR...the timing table looks awefully high for a H/C car running 12psi of boost. My dad's stock cam'd, magnacharged C5 runs 16* of WOT timing up to the 5200rpm row, 17* at 5600rpms, and 19* at 6000rpms and he's only running 6~7lbs of boost. Why is your timing so high?
3) When you log, where are you coming up with your pid selection? I show 38 channels in use, which is going to slow your logging rate/time down quite a bit. You need to keep it to 24 or less channels. Focus on the basics like MAP, ECT, IAT, VSS, KR, spark, grams/cyl, WBO2, etc.

thanks ...that helpfull ....

i know i look lill stupid ,but you know its my first time with efilive,im still beginner in tuning ,

joecar
March 8th, 2007, 07:27 AM

i know i look lill stupid ,but you know its my first time with efilive,im still beginner in tuning ,Indy,

Don't worry about it, we all are newbs at some time or other...
And when we think we now know something, we find out we don't know very much... ;)

Cheers
Joe
:cheers:

SSpdDmon
March 8th, 2007, 07:50 AM

i know i look lill stupid ,but you know its my first time with efilive,im still beginner in tuning ,
I hope my questions didn't cause any ill feelings. I'm just trying to understand the logic behind the changes you made. If you're that new to tuning, you should really look into getting some experienced help (local shop) with your first tune. A H/C/psi car is a healthy challenge even for a mildly experienced tuner like myself who's been playing with this software for nearly 2 years. To try and tackle something like that early on only increases difficulty exponentially.

People here can and usually will do their best to help you along. But, you're posts seem to lack a little detail and grammar. I'm not saying it to be mean. It's just...if we don't have enough information or if we don't know what you're trying to say, it makes it difficult to provide any advice.

You say you have the stock LS1 Edit file. Do you have a copy of LS1 Edit? If so, replace the file with LS1 Edit. Then, read the stock file with EFI Live, save it, and work from there. Once you have the file in stock form, post it up and we'll see what we can do to get you started in the right direction. Sound good?

joecar
March 8th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Indy,

Don't be afraid to ask questions and/or to explain your reasons, or to try out sensible suggestions on your tune...

SSpdDmon is trying to better understand your tune/setup so he can help you better...

It's a very techincal subject with a steep learning curve involving a lot of reading, trying things out, asking questions... there's no simple answer, so keep at it, you'll get there.

Cheers
Joe

INDY500
March 8th, 2007, 01:55 PM
thanks you all guys, i realy happy of bein' here , and im sure you im in right place .

here what i did last night, back to stock fine , and connect the maf , than start to do some tune , here that last file . would plz take a look?

SSpdDmon
March 8th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Are you still seeing KR?

Did you try backing the timing off in the high/low octane table?

Can you post a log with the following pids?

CALC.AFR_LC11 (Your WBO2)
CALC.BEN_LC11 (Your WBO2)
EXT.AD1
GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA
GM.AFR
GM.MANVAC
GM.KR
SAE.TP
SAE.ECT
SAE.RPM
SAE.SPARKADV
SAE.IAT
SAE.MAP
SAE.VSS
SAE.MAF

INDY500
March 8th, 2007, 11:03 PM
í'll test the car today ,than i'll post log. with following pids.