PDA

View Full Version : Can't get Boost PIDs to Validate??

06bowtie_guy
March 7th, 2007, 03:12 PM
On my LBZ, I d/led those updated files. Still can't get it all to work.

I got the throttle position to work not but the others still don't. I attached some images. Any ideas what I have wrong? I have tried to validate PIDs a number of times.

lakingslayer
March 8th, 2007, 05:29 AM
Have you downloaded the latest and greatest files from here (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4585). Also make sure your V2 has the latest firmware.

06bowtie_guy
March 8th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Yup, everything is updated with the newest files.

lakingslayer
March 8th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Sorry I can't be of much help since I don't have LBZ experience. I've never run into this problem on the 2nd gen LLY.

06bowtie_guy
March 10th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Ok well I deleated the .vlp file for my truck. Re-started everything. The controller is selected as LBZ. Still no go for boost, barametric pressure, Main and Pilot injection. I generated an error report in hopes that someone might read through it and find out what is wrong. The report is 1.73 MB so I can't upload it. If any of the EFI team would like it please let me know and I can mail it. I got the throttle position working, temps are working, vane position and fuel pressure works.

joecar
March 10th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Mail the error report to: support@efilive.com

06bowtie_guy
March 10th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Mail the error report to: support@efilive.com

Perfect, just sent it. Thanks

Blacky
March 10th, 2007, 02:01 PM
This may help...
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=42551#post42551

Regards
Paul

06bowtie_guy
March 10th, 2007, 02:19 PM
This may help...
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=42551#post42551

Regards
Paul

I have installed that update. Didn't solve the issue though. :frown:

JoshH
March 13th, 2007, 10:56 AM
I've been having trouble with boost PIDs also. I can get barometric pressure to validate and I can read MAP with that PID, but it gives me boost as InHg instead of PSI. It's really more of an inconvenience than anything because I have to convert, but I would prefer to read boost as PSI.

06bowtie_guy
March 13th, 2007, 07:50 PM
I've been having trouble with boost PIDs also. I can get barometric pressure to validate and I can read MAP with that PID, but it gives me boost as InHg instead of PSI. It's really more of an inconvenience than anything because I have to convert, but I would prefer to read boost as PSI.

Doing better than me. Do you have Main and Pilot injection quantities working??

JoshH
March 14th, 2007, 03:25 AM
I think it was working right the other day, but I'm not sure how accurate the numbers were. My main mm3 seemed a little low. Once I get my truck up and running again I'm going to try to do some more logs with different PIDs and see what happens.

06bowtie_guy
March 18th, 2007, 05:25 AM
Well it's fixed. Originally i had the updated PID and Dashboard files e-mailed to me because I was having issues with the ZIP. Just to make sure I downloaded that mozilla program and re-downloaded both PID and Dashboard files. The PID list was OK but the Dashboard files wern't right.
Went outside after discovering that and WAM everything works.
Why does the LBZ not give a boost number though.