PDA

View Full Version : 7.3.3 of any benefit to V1?

Fran D
March 8th, 2007, 03:51 AM
Perhaps this question has already been asked (in fact, I did see the question asked but there didn't appear to be any direct answer in the thread), is there any benefit to running 7.3.3 if you're just using the V1 for scanning? I couldn't find a definitive list of features for the upgrade on the site. I know I probably missed it, but any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

TAQuickness
March 8th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Welcome to the forum Fran. Really depends on what you're scanning/tuning. I don't recall the enhancement list off the top of my head, but if you could tell us what you're doing with it, I'm sure someone will chime in.

Fran D
March 8th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Pretty simple stuff, really. Almost everything I do is blackbox datalogging, in fast scan mode, of various parameters on an '00 LS1. I will be attempting, in the very near future, an upgrade of my OS to an '01 LS1 so that I can make use of the PE vs. IAT table. I'm not sure how all of that plays with the valid PIDs and such for my VIN. I'm treading carefully on that one.

If anyone knows what features 7.3.3 provides for the V1 user, I'd appreciate it.

joecar
March 8th, 2007, 12:47 PM
I think 7.3.3 has a few bug fixes... and a bunch of stuff for V2 and newer engine/trans. controllers (which are irrelevant to V1).

If the scan tool and tune tool are working correctly for you now, I would say just leave it as is.

When BB logging, make sure the scan tool shows your correct VIN and OS (at the bottom of the window) before programming pids into the BB and before retrieving logged data from the BB.

7.3.3 is the current release.
7.3.4 is the next release and is in beta test at the moment.

Fran D
March 9th, 2007, 03:11 AM
It appears to be working correctly, although I just noticed that the stock labels for the MAP axis in the Maps table appear to be in 100*kP units, which is a little odd, but no biggee.

The real issue that prompted my question is that recently, after about 30 or so successful BB logs, the V1 went and did a PID validation when I didn't ask for one. When I expected to download the data from a log, there was nothing and I got the notice that it had downloaded the valid PIDs and was ready for BB datalogging. The only problem was that some PIDs, like RPM and KR, were made invalid! I did a revalidation and that seems to have solved the problem at the moment.

Any idea what the bug fixes were?

joecar
March 9th, 2007, 06:18 AM
The RPM and KR and *_DMA pids may have "strange" values if the scan tool is not displaying your correct VIN and OS id when you either program the pids into the BB or retrieve logged data from the BB...

The scan tool had a habit of forgetting the OS id and/or not storing it in the log file...

I beleive the fix for this was introduced in 7.3.3

But I would still make sure that the correct VIN/OS were displayed by the scan tool before doing any BB operations.

Fran D
March 9th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Hmmmm...that's an interesting point. I honestly can't remember if the correct VIN and OS had been displayed prior to the situation I described. After having downloaded and uploaded several 10s of times, I stopped checking for it. Maybe this was one of those instances where the OS was forgotten.

If the upgrade fixes that, then I think my question has been answered. Thanks.

RevGTO
March 11th, 2007, 12:11 PM
The RPM and KR and *_DMA pids may have "strange" values if the scan tool is not displaying your correct VIN and OS id when you either program the pids into the BB or retrieve logged data from the BB...

The scan tool had a habit of forgetting the OS id and/or not storing it in the log file... I beleive the fix for this was introduced in 7.3.3

But I would still make sure that the correct VIN/OS were displayed by the scan tool before doing any BB operations.I'm on the forum right now trying to figure out why none of my DMA pids logged when I just ran an idle scan ... I have 7.3.3. Like you, I run multiple scans without ever checking the VIN or validating pids ... but this may be the problem. If so, it ain't fixed on 7.3.3.

joecar
March 11th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Make sure you have pids selected.

RevGTO
March 12th, 2007, 04:07 AM
Yep, I verified that the OS had been dropped. There is a pop-up warning that DMA pids will not log unless the OS matches. I re-entered the OS yet again and then it logged the DMA pids just fine.