PDA

View Full Version : Can't copy my old tune to new OS#

Boost
March 8th, 2007, 11:24 AM
I am trying to copy an earlier tune to a newer OS#. It won't let me. What is the most efficient way to tune my truck with it's latest GM flash to the performance tune I had before? Do I have to copy and paste dozens of tables? Would I be able to overwrite a tuning file if my "performance" one had the newer OS#? Your help is greatly appreciated.

lakingslayer
March 8th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Here are some instructions for doing so from a member on the diesel place forum.
"Download a stock file of the same O.S. then open it in the tuning tool. Then go to File and click "load alternate calibration for comparison" and select the tune you want to run. Once that is done go to Edit and select "create script". Save the script and open your stock tune with your O.S. Once you have it open go into Edit and click on "run script". That should give you the tune you want to run with your O.S."

You don't have to download the stock tune if you already have it. Of not the dieselplace has a repository of tunes you can download from.

Boost
March 8th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Thanks! However, I think it says "different OS#, no comparison will be attempted. (???)

Tordne
March 8th, 2007, 07:45 PM
To perform a comparison the OS numbers have to be the same, or in the case of Custom OS's for gas the same family.

This is an objective for V8 to offer this capability.

lakingslayer
March 9th, 2007, 02:24 AM
Do you want to compare them or copy one to another? If you use the script created from the two tunes of one OS and apply it to the 2nd OS to create a seperate tune then you should then have two tunes with the same OS and be able to do a comparison.

Boost
March 9th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the responses but I'm still not sure I understand. I want to copy a tune to the same vehicle with a "newer" (higher #) OS.

lakingslayer
March 9th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Take the older OS# stock file and load it in the tune tool. Then load the modified tune of the same (older) OS# (using the "load alternate calibration for comparison" )as the alternate. Next go to "Edit" and select "Create Script". This will generate a script of the differences between the stock file and the modified file of the same OS. Now load the new OS file with the GM updates in the tune program and run the script you generated from the old OS. This should put all the modified changes from the old OS into the new OS.

Boost
March 9th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Got it, thank you very much!

Biodiesel66
March 10th, 2007, 12:05 AM
We can't do that just yet with the LBZ ECM. I'm waiting so we can change vin #, VAT and change OS to different ECM's.

Boost, I think I'm in the same boat your in. I hope we can do this by April.

Biodiesel66
March 10th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Take the older OS# stock file and load it in the tune tool. Then load the modified tune of the same (older) OS# (using the "load alternate calibration for comparison" )as the alternate. Next go to "Edit" and select "Create Script". This will generate a script of the differences between the stock file and the modified file of the same OS. Now load the new OS file with the GM updates in the tune program and run the script you generated from the old OS. This should put all the modified changes from the old OS into the new OS.

What your suggesting I don't think will work. The OS has programing we can't change in EFI. ex DSP2 and DSP5. We can change the data in the tables. Not how the table work with each other. I think that's the heart of the OS. We can change the Calibration.

I could be wrong.:?:

JoshH
March 10th, 2007, 03:26 AM
Running a script like lakingslayer stated does work with the LBZ.

lakingslayer
March 10th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Thanks JoshH for enlightening me to this procedure.

Biodiesel66
March 11th, 2007, 01:30 AM
I reread the posts and was thinking something from another post when I suggested :bash: .

You guys are correct the script is the way go. :notacrook: