PDA

View Full Version : Is this fixable? Need your advice, please.

Tordne
May 5th, 2005, 10:06 PM
I have a problem that I hope some of you people in the know may be able to help/advise me on...

I have upgraded to the commercial version of EFILive so that I can reflash the entire OS etc. and have decided to go MAFless, it seems that there are a number of you in favour of this. To do this I have uploaded the tune from an HSV GTS, it seemed like a good idea at the time. From what I understand the GTS has a bigger cam and perhaps some head work as standard. Both my heads and cam are stock.

My car is a Holden VXII SS, modifications include:
- Cold air intake
- Throttle body 78mm
- Headers
- Exhaust

I am seeing what I think is quite a bit of knock at various times, and also the VE table looks like it needs to be modified (the fuel trims are terrible, although it could still be "learning"?). I guess the question I have is, does this look like it can be resolved, or is the tune to aggressive for the modifications I actually have?

I have included both the tune file (http://www.holdencrazy.com/EFILive/help/2005-05-06_0001.tun) and the logged data (http://www.holdencrazy.com/EFILive/help/2005-05-06_0001.efi) in case any of you are able to help.

Appreciate any help or advice that you may have!

Cheers,
Andrew

GMPX
May 5th, 2005, 11:21 PM
I 'personally' would not use a GTS as my base tune.

Is this GTS file modified from stock?.
First up, commanded AFR in P.E is 13.2:1, not good, even if your VE was spot on, it might not be, you might actually be running leaner than 13.2:1.
Then add in the fact it is possible running between 24 and 27 deg of timing (I couldn't get the log file to download).

The GTS has the High and Low Octane tables duplicated (not ideal).

Have you got 3.91 gears, remember a GTS does.

Much better off to build on a Holden tune, most tuners will tell you the HSV tunes aren't exactly ideal.

Sorry to deflate your idea....

Cheers,
Ross

Tordne
May 6th, 2005, 06:50 AM
I 'personally' would not use a GTS as my base tune.

Is this GTS file modified from stock?.
First up, commanded AFR in P.E is 13.2:1, not good, even if your VE was spot on, it might not be, you might actually be running leaner than 13.2:1.
Then add in the fact it is possible running between 24 and 27 deg of timing (I couldn't get the log file to download).

The GTS has the High and Low Octane tables duplicated (not ideal).

Have you got 3.91 gears, remember a GTS does.

Much better off to build on a Holden tune, most tuners will tell you the HSV tunes aren't exactly ideal.

Sorry to deflate your idea....

Cheers,
Ross

Thanks Ross, please, deflate away. I'm am completely new to all this and am happy to accept all constructive criticism...

To start with I left the GTS tune as stock, and logged the run that was attached (strange that you couldn't download it, it would probably mean something to you). It would be good if you could still try and download it?

On the Octane tables, don't the high and low tables have to be duplicated when you are running MAFless? I thought they used the Low Octane table when the MAF failed. Being able to have twin spark tables is one of the good features of the upcoming EFILive OS's?

Fortunately I do have 3.91 gears.

Which Holden tune would you start with?

Is the process then to get the VE table correct, and the go looking for power in the spark tables?

Thanks again Ross, I really appreciate it.