PDA

View Full Version : Need help. Trying to read ls1edit file with efilive

BrianC98Z28
March 11th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Ok guys I really need some help. I recently had my car tuned with Ls1Edit. The tuner gave me my 2 tunes on a cd. One NA and my nitrous tune. I have EFI Live. I thought it could read LS1edit files?? Its not letting me open them at all. Can anyone help me out??? Do I have any options?? Please lemme know. Thanks

Brian

GMPX
March 11th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Just read the PCM, LS1Edit doesn't lock the PCM from being read with EFILive.

You can load the LS1Edit files off the PC though, they use an LS1Edit only file format.

Cheers,
Ross

Biggsy
March 11th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Hi Brian,

Like Ross said, the only way you are going to be able to read those tunes in EFILIVE is to read them off the PCM

The only way to get both your tunes into EFILIVE is to have your tuner cooperate with you (looks like he will if he gave the tunes on disk)

Read your current tune off your PCM and save it, go back to your tuner and get him to put the NA tune back o your PCM. Read that tune off your PCM and save.You will then have both tunes in EFILIVE and you will be able to write the first tune back onto your PCM.

Cheers,

Delco
March 11th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Ok guys I really need some help. I recently had my car tuned with Ls1Edit. The tuner gave me my 2 tunes on a cd. One NA and my nitrous tune. I have EFI Live. I thought it could read LS1edit files?? Its not letting me open them at all. Can anyone help me out??? Do I have any options?? Please lemme know. Thanks

Brian

You cant read the .ls1 files that he would have supplied on disk with flashscan as they are encryted but you can read the tune out of the PCM.

Just connect your flashscan cable up to the car and suck the tune out.

eboggs_jkvl
March 12th, 2007, 02:23 AM
As far as a stock tune, you can get that from the library that is linked on this site of "stock" stuff.

Located in Sticky here: http://www.efiforum.iqd.co.nz/showthread.php?t=2905

So, suck out the tune currently in the PCM and then download the stock tune from the thread and you have the 2 tunes (assuming the CD contains "stock" & "current").

Elmer