PDA

View Full Version : First drive after Whipple install

Lennart
March 12th, 2007, 02:26 AM
We finally got the Whipple installed on my friends truck (2000 Sierra 5.3L).
Running with Delphi 42# injectors instread of Whipple electronics.
Initially the truck died shortly after starting. With approx 10% throttle it would start and continue to run.
When fully warmed up the starting got a little better. I tried two different tunes (2000 and 2002 OS) both gave similar results even though we thought it was running smoother on the 2000 OS.
Current behavior is that when you release the throttle in idle the rpm's will drop to 300rpm (or die) rev up and down to finally be steady at idle speed.
Here are my Q's:
What do I need to look for, which parameters should I log?
Currently I do not have a wideband, how do I ensure that I am not running dangerously lean?

Other than idle the truck runs strong on the street, even though we did not push it hard, yet.

I am attaching two zip files, one with the 00 the other with the 02 OS tunes as well as log files. The test drive we did with the 00 OS, only.

Any help on this is appreciated, I am more into Diesel stuff and not that familiar with gasser tuning...

Thanks,
Lennart

Doc
March 12th, 2007, 05:24 AM
Uhmm....~4k for supercharger + motor, no 200 WB????

Lennart
March 12th, 2007, 08:54 AM
It is not the $$ ! There just has not been the need for a WB and we happened to install the SC before the WB will arrive.

trudynosports
March 14th, 2007, 01:19 AM
I've done a couple of these and both turned out perfect. I used the 01 COS for SD and a 2bar MAP. Upgraded the intake to the later drive by wire style with some fabrication. PM me your .tun file and I'll have a look see.

Lennart
March 14th, 2007, 09:19 AM
I've done a couple of these and both turned out perfect. I used the 01 COS for SD and a 2bar MAP. Upgraded the intake to the later drive by wire style with some fabrication. PM me your .tun file and I'll have a look see.

Aaron,

the .tun file is included in the .zip file above.

trudynosports
March 15th, 2007, 12:18 AM
OK, Sorry.