PDA

View Full Version : corvette odometer text,can it be changed?

b18cls1
March 13th, 2007, 07:57 AM
when you key on on a c5 vette it says "corvette by chevrolet" can this text be changed???

TAQuickness
March 13th, 2007, 04:31 PM
I believe so, but I haven't seen the secret posted yet.

Beer99C5
March 13th, 2007, 06:23 PM
C6's its customizable through the DIC...

I have seen the question posted on C-5 forums and nobody has cracked that case and publically posted a how too.

ScarabEpic22
March 13th, 2007, 07:48 PM
That would be awesome! The TrailBlazers with the DIC (Driver Information Center) do it as well, I would love to change it to something else though!

Boost
April 11th, 2007, 08:41 AM
You mean any year TB with DIC can be customized stock?

eboggs_jkvl
April 11th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Dunno about ALL of the text. I do know you can add your your name or customized text after the "Corvette" gets done displaying.

http://dingle.ls2.com/Pics/LS2 Dollar 017.jpg

ScarabEpic22
April 13th, 2007, 04:36 PM
You mean any year TB with DIC can be customized stock?

No, what I meant is that TBs with the DIC display the startup message "TRAILBLAZER". At least my 02 does, I know GM changed the clusters a little in 03.

Ohh, and with the new bootloader I get a cool "Reflash In Process" (or similar) message.:notacrook:

mnotx
April 14th, 2007, 02:46 AM
Dunno about ALL of the text. I do know you can add your your name or customized text after the "Corvette" gets done displaying.

http://dingle.ls2.com/Pics/LS2 Dollar 017.jpg

How do you do that? Can you give us a short tutorial?

mnotx
April 16th, 2007, 02:31 AM
How do you do that? Can you give us a short tutorial?

TTT for Mr. Boggs.

eboggs_jkvl
April 18th, 2007, 01:18 PM
TTT for Mr. Boggs.
I got your e-mail and responded but your e-mail bounced.

ON the DIC control, you press “option” and scroll through until you get to “Personalize Name”, press “yes”. Let’s do “cat rat”. Scroll through letters (pressing option button) until you get to “c” Press “reset”. Scroll to “a”; press “reset”, scroll to “t”; press reset, scroll to “blank space”; press “reset”, scroll to “r” etc. When you have "cat rat", press “reset” until the display turns blank. Now when you start the car, after “Corvette” is displayed, the “cat rat” will be displayed.

Elmer

mnotx
April 19th, 2007, 02:31 AM
Cool! Thanks for the info. As for e-mail, must be my new virus scan. It seems to consider almost anything spam. Sorry about that.

Appreciate the information!