PDA

View Full Version : Adjust for tire size

Boost
March 13th, 2007, 10:35 PM
I was able to adjust the tire size on my co-workers' '06 Silverado by following the EFILive tutorial. It corrected the speedo and the odometer, and eliminated the ABS light. I went to "Speedometer", clicked on "Parameters" and entered the values. It worked.

Now I need to adjust my '06 LBZ 2500HD for the new 285/75/16 tires I'm running. When I go to "Speedometer" and "Parameters" the table that asks you for tire dimensions doesn't pop up. There are just 4 parameters displayed on the right, starting with "Tire Revolutions per Kilometer". Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

ScarabEpic22
March 14th, 2007, 06:28 AM
I want to know this too, there has to be some way to calculate it as the LL8 has the same issue, there is no integrated tire calculator like the LSx engines.

Lennart
March 18th, 2007, 03:27 AM
As an example, a Bridgestone Dueler REVO in your size will do 630 revs per mile. Divide that by 1.609 any you got revs per km.

Boost
March 18th, 2007, 06:03 AM
So are you saying that by entering that value somewhere in the Tune, we can correct the speedo?

Lennart
March 18th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Yes....but not somewhere. You need to enter it in H0136 !
I have not tried it as I don't have a LBZ or LMM but that is the only option you got right now!

Blacky
March 18th, 2007, 05:37 PM
An all new speedo calculator is included in the next release. It should be available (pre-release) this week.
Paul

Boost
March 18th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks! Sounds good.

Boost
March 19th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Does that mean that I the calculator that pops up for the LS1 Camaros and the 5.3 Silverados will pop up on an '06 SSR? I really need to adjust the speedo for 4.56 gears. Will I be able to do that as soon as I download the new version this week?

Blacky
March 19th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Does that mean that I the calculator that pops up for the LS1 Camaros and the 5.3 Silverados will pop up on an '06 SSR? I really need to adjust the speedo for 4.56 gears. Will I be able to do that as soon as I download the new version this week?

Yes :)

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
March 19th, 2007, 10:37 AM
And the LL8s too???

Boost
March 19th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Awesome, thanks. Scarab, I am pretty sure the it will work for the Blazers too.

Blacky
March 19th, 2007, 12:56 PM
And the LL8s too???

Yes, finally. :bash:

ScarabEpic22
March 19th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Yes, finally. :bash:

YES!!!!

Finally, this is going to make it a breeze for me to swap to a set of 20s here in the spring when I buy them!!

Black02SS
March 19th, 2007, 01:32 PM
An all new speedo calculator is included in the next release. It should be available (pre-release) this week.
Paul
Thank You!!

Boost
March 23rd, 2007, 12:58 AM
Will you post the link here when the update is ready? Will we only have to update the EFILive software? I just want to make sure I'm ready to start using it the day it comes out.

Boost
March 26th, 2007, 10:56 AM
???

Blacky
March 26th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Nearly done - just adding support for a few weird anomolies with the way some PCMs calculate speed.

Who knew GM had sooooo many different ways to determine the speeds of the varous drive shafts, axles, diffs, chains, sprockets, gears and tires.

Regards
Paul

Boost
March 26th, 2007, 09:30 PM
We really appreciate yor work, can't wait to try it!

Lennart
March 26th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Nearly done - just adding support for a few weird anomolies with the way some PCMs calculate speed.

Who knew GM had sooooo many different ways to determine the speeds of the varous drive shafts, axles, diffs, chains, sprockets, gears and tires.

Regards
Paul

I recently shortened my driveshaft, is there a correction factor in the LLY ECM to change? ;)

Lennart
March 29th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Just tried the new calculator....very nice!
BUT when entering values by hand (not picking from the list) the circumference does not update.
In my case I needed to enter 325 for width which is not available in the drop down menu. The update button to the right is grayed out also.....You might want to expand the table to 365 as these are widths found on HD trucks!

Update: This issue seems to be intermittent as it does work sometimes....

Boost
March 29th, 2007, 09:53 PM
WOW WOW WOW

It's out? Let me go right now...

Blacky
March 29th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Good catch on that bug. When you type a value in those drop down boxes, if the partial value that you have typed so far matches one in the list then the circumference is updated. Once you type enough digits to not match any preset value then the circumference does not update.

It will be fixed in the next update, along with some higher values for the width.
Thanks for finding that one :cheers:

Regards
Paul

Just tried the new calculator....very nice!
BUT when entering values by hand (not picking from the list) the circumference does not update.
In my case I needed to enter 325 for width which is not available in the drop down menu. The update button to the right is grayed out also.....You might want to expand the table to 365 as these are widths found on HD trucks!

Update: This issue seems to be intermittent as it does work sometimes....