PDA

View Full Version : Change Vin # and VAT relink

Biodiesel66
March 14th, 2007, 06:57 AM
Ross

When will we be able to change Vin # and VATs on the LBZ controller?
The only way to use a different ECM is to disable the VATs. It would be nice to get around this.

I have a question about Boost controls.
Shouldn't there be a Boost Sensor Scaling table or don't we have any control on this?

In Engine Diagnostics there's parameters that reference sensor voltage in Boost Sensor folder. There values are for setting DTC.

GMPX
March 14th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Ross

When will we be able to change Vin # and VATs on the LBZ controller?

I don't know why Paul has those disabled, I will ask him about it.

The only way to use a different ECM is to disable the VATs. It would be nice to get around this.

Not quite, use the cals G0302 & G0304, instructions are in the cal descriptions.

I have a question about Boost controls.
Shouldn't there be a Boost Sensor Scaling table or don't we have any control on this?

Best I have found is a two entry value, something like 0.1V = 20kPa, 4.8V = 400kPa (I've made up those numbers) , but that is all it seemed to be.

Cheers,
Ross

Biodiesel66
March 15th, 2007, 07:25 AM
I don't know why Paul has those disabled, I will ask him about it.

Not quite, use the cals G0302 & G0304, instructions are in the cal descriptions.

Best I have found is a two entry value, something like 0.1V = 20kPa, 4.8V = 400kPa (I've made up those numbers) , but that is all it seemed to be.

Cheers,
Ross

I was aware about those 2 tables. But was looking for the easy way to get it done. :D

and more so being able to change the Vin # would be nice. ;)

hpy540
August 13th, 2007, 10:09 AM
any info on this i recently bought a spare adn would like to program it ot my truck so i can flash it and start tuning.

Cougar281
August 13th, 2007, 11:36 AM
You can't change the VIN on the LBZ controller? You can on the 6-speed TCM...

Biodiesel66
August 13th, 2007, 12:00 PM
any info on this i recently bought a spare adn would like to program it ot my truck so i can flash it and start tuning.

Read your current ECM and save that tune file. Remove OEM ECM and add the spare. Flash the stock tune to the spare, Change you vin #, Clear the codes with the V2 when done. Try and start. should start by the 3rd try. Check for codes with the V2 again and you should be all set.

This problem is when bench flashing and no scan tool to remove the SES codes that are caused from the bench flashing and the VAT relink not working like it does in other PCM/ECM.

With EFILive your all set to fix any of the above problems :cheers:

Biodiesel66
August 13th, 2007, 12:04 PM
You can't change the VIN on the LBZ controller? You can on the 6-speed TCM...

We can do that now. :rockon: The first few release of software we couldn't.

hpy540
August 13th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Thanx. I will attempt tomorrow. I have to register my first vin and that willbe the lbz. If i havea ecm that i bought from a east caost supplier i can still do this if the ecm is used correct. It doesnt hve to be a new, raw, ecm?

hpy540
August 23rd, 2007, 08:53 AM
Ok i think i used up both of my liscenses on the same VIN. I was trying to get rid of my glow plug control module update code. I put the original ecm in and flashed it with the tune that i was tweaking. what can i do about this. I am using the same tune on both ECM's.

joecar
August 23rd, 2007, 10:51 AM
Ok i think i used up both of my liscenses on the same VIN. I was trying to get rid of my glow plug control module update code. I put the original ecm in and flashed it with the tune that i was tweaking. what can i do about this. I am using the same tune on both ECM's.Licensing is per ECM, not per VIN... each ECM requires one license.

hpy540
August 23rd, 2007, 10:58 AM
That blows! So because no one could answer my question on how to reprogram the glow plug controll module and i tried to do it myself i have to pay for another liscense. eve if the ecm are used on the same truck?

Blacky
August 23rd, 2007, 12:14 PM
Did you want to use both ECMs on the same vehicle? If so then the FlashScan licensing scheme requires you to license both controllers.

If you did not mean to license both ECMs for use, send me an email to paul@efilive.com with your FlashScan serial number and auth code as per this thread: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5790

Regards
Paul