PDA

View Full Version : C6

Highlander
May 23rd, 2004, 02:21 PM
I've been reading all over the forums and I have found out that the c6 will have the BCM and PCM integrated into one module... I've also heard that the Tech 2 wont function with it...

Does this mean that the new c6 is CAN protocol???

Have you gotten into this by any means or anything?

Any info you can share?

Thanks

Chris

GMPX
May 23rd, 2004, 03:35 PM
Seems crazy to me to have them in the one module as one is usually out in the engine bay and the other in the cabin, now they will need to run wiring in/out depending on where it is located.

Anyway, I would also be surprised Tech2 doesn't work with it, afterall, CAN is on most of GM Europe vehicles and it works O.K on them.

Also have yet to see a PCM or whatever they are going to be.

Highlander
May 23rd, 2004, 03:50 PM
Well I saw some pics once, dont remember much about them...

I suppose they were CAN, but the tech 2 needs a box to work on CAN cars...

This is all speculation, just wanted to know what you guys heard...

It would be crap that they go on changing stuff right now... after all I thought that the idea of the 1mbit flash on the 2004 models was just to add tables and code for the future, meaning that they were going to keep the same "setup", or at least that seemed to me.

I guess we will have to wait.. I will check out on the dealer that i have "friends" there and see if they have done anything new for the arrival of the 2005 models and the c6 of course. They HAVE to be ready to use such a system...

The other advantage would be that GM was supposed to make available an API for reprogramming.

66ImpalaLT1
June 20th, 2004, 10:44 AM
That does seem rather strange.

I expect that they integrated the PCM and TAC in the same box now.