PDA

View Full Version : Can I import HPTuners tunes or other tuning programs into EFILive?

N0DIH
March 18th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Can I import HPTuners tunes or other tuning programs into EFILive?

Or Vice Versa?

From time to time I see people who post a tune asking for help and I would like to open it without buying that program.

TunerCat has no issues opening LT1Edit files natively, so do other programs have that capability?

ScarabEpic22
March 18th, 2007, 03:51 PM
I know you cant do HPT files, no idea about others.

Blacky
March 18th, 2007, 06:33 PM
EFILive will read plain *.bin files as used by old HPT software, and EFILive's own proprietary *.tun files. EFILive will not read any othe software's proprietary files.

Regards
Paul

N0DIH
March 19th, 2007, 05:55 AM
Is the OS part of the .tun file like my .bin is on my LT1?

Blacky
March 19th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Is the OS part of the .tun file like my .bin is on my LT1?

Yes, the entire contents of the controller is saved into the *.tun file. Plus EFILive saves a bunch of other information such as the modification history of the file.

When you perform a calibration-only reflash, only the calibration data from the *.tun file is written to the controller.

When you perform a full reflash, the entire *.tun file (minus the modification history) is written to the controller.

Regards
Paul

N0DIH
March 19th, 2007, 08:03 AM
HPT guys say you can't read a PCM tuned by another tuner. Why is that? Seems a limitation in the reading of the flash, you should be able to read it as long as the flash memory locations are the same. I sure hope people aren't screwing with that.....

joecar
March 19th, 2007, 08:07 AM
I think they mean if the tuner has locked it.

jfpilla
March 19th, 2007, 09:10 AM
HPT guys say you can't read a PCM tuned by another tuner. Why is that? Seems a limitation in the reading of the flash, you should be able to read it as long as the flash memory locations are the same. I sure hope people aren't screwing with that.....

There are tuners that lock their tunes, for what they say are proprietary reasons. That's their choice, but I would not have my car tuned by one.