PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Silverado 4x4 LM7 Vortec with Whipple & 42lb injectors

bratch
March 20th, 2007, 02:52 AM
Looking for tune help to remove piggyback Whipple controller on a 01 silverado 4X4 with 5.3L. Have added delphi 42 lb injectors. Have CAI,Borla 3" catback and edelbrock headers,4l60E, 35" Tires. Any help would be appriciated.I have a new V2 commercial EFILive.

THX
Bratch

bratch
March 27th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Took 33 hrs to complete 400 rwhp with 37's. Would have been nice to of had some forum help?

01 Silverado, Edlebrock Headers, 3" Borla,Whipple supercharger,42lb injectors,AirRaid, no piggyback. chevy "Roys Toy" Bushwacker.com

ScarabEpic22
March 27th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Glad to hear its done, sorry you didnt get any help. :(

Im not that good at tuning, as my TrailBlazer with the I6 is much different than the V8s, so I couldnt have really told you anything.

What COS are you running, COS 3 or COS 5?

kbracing96
March 28th, 2007, 04:04 AM
Looking for tune help to remove piggyback Whipple controller on a 01 silverado 4X4 with 5.3L. Have added delphi 42 lb injectors. Have CAI,Borla 3" catback and edelbrock headers,4l60E, 35" Tires. Any help would be appriciated.I have a new V2 commercial EFILive.

THX
Bratch

Would have been nice to of had some forum help?

Kind of hard to help when you don't actually ask any questions... Did you want us to come over and help you?

wait4me
March 28th, 2007, 06:24 AM
It might be that you posted into the wrong forum listing also. This is the sub forum for the black vortec pcm type trucks from 1998-2000.

As for tables to change to get rid of your fueling add on box.

Injector flow rate for your injectors, and pe vs rpm for wot fuel. Ve for fine tuning. Maf transfer table if you have a modded or not stock maf.

bratch
March 31st, 2007, 10:37 AM
My Bad, I am New to this forum and EFI, Should have spent the first 30 hours researching on EFI protocols to know exactly what questions to ask? Thought that more experienced individuals would through me a bone. wait4me thanks for the positive response even under my naive questioning as for kbracing96 maybe you should kick your bloodhound more often to relive your obviously over strenuous stessful life exacerbated by driving a 4.8L :)
Email me and I will send you a Dictionary to decode this and I am guessing other emails.

kbracing96
March 31st, 2007, 10:51 AM
My Bad, I am New to this forum and EFI, Should have spent the first 30 hours researching on EFI protocols to know exactly what questions to ask? Thought that more experienced individuals would through me a bone. wait4me thanks for the positive response even under my naive questioning as for kbracing96 maybe you should kick your bloodhound more often to relive your obviously over strenuous stessful life exacerbated by driving a 4.8L :)
Email me and I will send you a Dictionary to decode this and I am guessing other emails.

If I came off sounding like a prick I apologize. I'm always glad to help, but when you just give a vague, blanket question, asking for any help, it hard to know where to start and what you already know or don't know. It's all in the details. :)

As for my 4.8 truck, I be happy to run ya, are you in the 12's or are you going to need lenths? ;)

bratch
April 1st, 2007, 03:20 PM
No Harm No Foul,Just good old fashion American miss-communication :) Its a 4x4 and I will race up any steep hill ;)
At least we both have Chevy's:notacrook:

kbracing96
April 1st, 2007, 03:29 PM
No Harm No Foul,Just good old fashion American miss-communication :) Its a 4x4 and I will race up any steep hill ;)
At least we both have Chevy's:notacrook:

I'm 4x4 too tipping the scales at 5500lbs ;) That 4.8 ran 12.79 @ 105.3 last weekend :Eyecrazy::D That snow is not just for looks, lol

bratch
April 1st, 2007, 03:39 PM
Got a specific question, On the scan readiness. All items are shown in ready condition with exception of evap and HTR ? any ideas on what conditions must be met to change these to ready condition? Have to get this through emission testing after engine swap.

THX
Roy

kbracing96
April 1st, 2007, 03:44 PM
Got a specific question, On the scan readiness. All items are shown in ready condition with exception of evap and HTR ? any ideas on what conditions must be met to change these to ready condition? Have to get this through emission testing after engine swap.

THX
Roy

Probably just have to put some miles on it to get it to run the readiness test. I don't think you can force the test.

bratch
April 1st, 2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks, I;ll drive it another day or 2 to see if they clear. I attached my race car if you want to do a Pinks show ;)

kbracing96
April 1st, 2007, 04:12 PM
Sweet, but I though we where racing trucks here :notacrook: anyone can make a car fast :lol:

wait4me
April 1st, 2007, 04:28 PM
Nice car Bratch! I love that color!