PDA

View Full Version : Any chance for a 2/3 Bar OS in the future?

ScarabEpic22
March 25th, 2007, 08:41 AM
I know you guys have a ton on your plate now, but is there even the idea for a 2 or 3 Bar OS for the 02-05 LL8s? If not, then what about for the 06+ LL8s (MAF and new PCM style)? Wonder if there is a 2 Bar for the 06+ ones I could swap PCMs, change some wiring, turn off the MAF codes, etc and get it to work.

I want FI really bad, but cant tune for it, so there is no point for me yet. Thanks again for all the hard work!

ScarabEpic22
March 28th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Anyone have a clue?

Im just wondering if there is even a far fetched chance. I know for 07 that the LL8 PCM was upgraded from 1mb memory to 2mb memory, so Im willing to bet a 2/3 Bar could be done for that and then probably I could swap and mod it for my 02.

GMPX
March 28th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Mmm, not a big call for it (yet) for the MAJOR effort involved. The LL8 PCM code is very tightly written, it would be a pretty hard job to do this.

Cheers,
Ross

ScarabEpic22
March 28th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Mmm, not a big call for it (yet) for the MAJOR effort involved. The LL8 PCM code is very tightly written, it would be a pretty hard job to do this.

Cheers,
Ross

Dang, well if you need further encouragement, head over to TrailVoy.com and tell them you are thinking about a 2/3 Bar OS for the LL8. Lots of guys want to turbo or supercharge their I6, but none actually have because no one (I mean no one) can do it remotely easily (think completely standalone fuel management, spark retard, etc). I dont know whats involved, but maybe if you could get a bunch of guys interested, who knows.

Just throwing it out there, how much more memory does the COS use vs the stock GM OS?

Automotive Innovations
March 28th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Alot of people (Such as me!!!) would be very interested in any custom o/s for the LL8.

ScarabEpic22
March 28th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Man, we got the Injector cals today, now we just need the Boost VE tables and related stuff. 1 step closer!!!!:muahaha:

I can see it now, a modest rear mount turbo pushing like 5psi with minimal engine upgrades should be good for ~350-400 rwhp.:master:

blandmiller
March 28th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Eric, when did you download the update? It does not appear to be there anymore.

ScarabEpic22
March 29th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Really? I downloaded the first update, 7.4, and its there. Cant download the update yet, going to do that later today.

Travis@FIR
June 16th, 2007, 04:44 PM
We finally gave up waiting for more support.. and went full standalone with our turbo trailblazer.. :(

Automotive Innovations
June 17th, 2007, 02:21 AM

But your up for it :)

Travis@FIR
June 17th, 2007, 03:09 PM
The thing that's kinda upsetting, is that we bought in on the beta software/hardware, with the promise of big time support in the near future.. That was a year ago.. and we still don't really have what we need to tune our truck properly.

ScarabEpic22
June 18th, 2007, 03:37 PM
We finally gave up waiting for more support.. and went full standalone with our turbo trailblazer.. :(

ok man, so what exactly are the specs and what did you have to change to get it to not throw a REP light?