PDA

View Full Version : mode to run daily driver weekend racer in?

Cablebandit
March 26th, 2007, 11:12 AM
I have efilive and roadrunner
what mode am i going to want to set up for...olsd...clsd....etc?
is it possible to drive around with the o2 sensors and then use rtacs at the track to do realtime wideband correction? what happens when you arent using rtacs...does it just use the boosted ve table? I will be doing 3 bar....hopefully 1000rwp and no maf (i assume). Thanks for any suggestions.

onfire
March 26th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Once you start playing with it, you'll go olsd.

I like it....still playing since I'm retuning the new set-up....starting tomorrow....I'm old school and just use the RR with autotune....rtacs sounds interesting, but I like a 3bar sd VE table tuned for more boost then I'll ever run...set it too rich over a certain boost level for protection if a gate fails...then it will go blub,blub,blub...vs BOOM.

You're going to love the RR with 3bar.

Cablebandit
March 27th, 2007, 06:08 AM
so does it use any o2 sensors for feedback in olsd? How does it deal with changes in temp...is that all in the tune? Where can i read more about olsd?

Cablebandit
March 27th, 2007, 07:20 AM
ok..car is not running yet but i can turn the key on to see stuff like IAT etc to make sure my RR setup is working. I changed the map scaler from 288 (anticipated 3 bar setting) back to 94.?? (seems to be stock setting) to see if it would do anything in realtime monitoring my stock map. It did...went from 31.0hg to 29.2hg so at least i got to see it do something. Question is this...using cot5 and followed the directions for 3 bar....i cant get efilive to show my o2 sensors doing ANYTHING. I wonder if i logged the wrong pid but i tried all of them to no avail. Any input fellas?
OH...my Dynojet WB worked perfectly with the correct pids and seems to show the correct afr (gauge vs efilive)

onfire
March 27th, 2007, 12:37 PM
so does it use any o2 sensors for feedback in olsd? How does it deal with changes in temp...is that all in the tune? Where can i read more about olsd?

Go to the autotune tutorial. It will give you all of the steps to set-up olsd for autotune....once I played with it both ways I like the control you have with olsd. No 02 sensors to foul. IAT sensor still works. There is a table to command additional enrichment based on coolant temp...worked like a charm here at 20 degrees F.

Biggest difference is you must build a great VE table...took me a week driving around the neighborhood at night.

Just took it for a drive tonight....bens 1.0 to 1.1 in 78degree weather...gotta love COS5!

onfire
March 27th, 2007, 12:45 PM
ok..car is not running yet but i can turn the key on to see stuff like IAT etc to make sure my RR setup is working. I changed the map scaler from 288 (anticipated 3 bar setting) back to 94.?? (seems to be stock setting) to see if it would do anything in realtime monitoring my stock map. It did...went from 31.0hg to 29.2hg so at least i got to see it do something. Question is this...using cot5 and followed the directions for 3 bar....i cant get efilive to show my o2 sensors doing ANYTHING. I wonder if i logged the wrong pid but i tried all of them to no avail. Any input fellas?
OH...my Dynojet WB worked perfectly with the correct pids and seems to show the correct afr (gauge vs efilive)

Forget the O2's...not used in the VE tune anyway.

Set the map readout to kPa like a real AMERIKAN...lol...

Biggest tip is to get a reading with the one bar map engine off key on...mine read 94...all depends on your elevation. Install the 3bar map sensor and THEN set the 3 bar scalar so key on engine off is 94 or whatever yours read. Took 283 for me to get my base back in line.

Cablebandit
March 28th, 2007, 01:39 AM
thanks Tom!! Sounds like this is gonna rock. next question, can i forget PE mode all together and just have all my fueling in ve and boost ve? Sounds like the best way from my limited reading. if so, how do you "disable" pe mode?

onfire
March 28th, 2007, 03:00 AM
thanks Tom!! Sounds like this is gonna rock. next question, can i forget PE mode all together and just have all my fueling in ve and boost ve? Sounds like the best way from my limited reading. if so, how do you "disable" pe mode?

All fueling will be primarily based off ve and boost ve. But you still want pe set as a secondary "fail safe". Mine never "kick in" but is there in case of a failure.

Keep reading the tut and cos5 posts here....I can tell you're picking up on it quickly....the ability to command af vs boost is a great tool. You know how much I liked rpm vs pe....ran 9's with it and +700rwhp....it was hard to convince me to change since it was a "figured" combo for me (just like you).....COS5 sd is soooooo much better.

I can send you the file I've built but it's for mototron 60's with a base fuel pressure of 72psi that ramps to 90psi...would be pretty wacked for your 96's and a versa.

Cablebandit
March 28th, 2007, 05:30 AM
i hated pe vs rpm. it "worked" but no safety factor like boost ve where you can set anything over your intended boost really rich (saw you mentioned that and great idea) . Also, when i would pass someone, the throttle was really on/off cause it would be really rich and then as boost climbed...lean out and tirespin.
Dont worry about sending your tune...appreciate it though. Gonna let this roadrunner do what i paid for :)
i get my speed inc 3bar to ls1 harness today and will calibrate the map vs the stocker...key on...engine off.
I chose the 96# injectors so i could take some load off my dual walbros. I figure the lower fp oughta flow more and extend the capabilities of the pumps vs really high fp. I may still have to switch over to a big external but i hope not. Whats your thoughts on the fuel cut 2 step? I may call AEM or someone and see what they say vs spark cut. With my probs, I am skurred of anything that mentions fuel cut ;) BTW....NIIICCCEEE setup you got now.
OH...send me your file anyway....just so i can compare in case i have any other probs like misconfigured DTCs etc. cablebandit@comcast.net

joecar
March 28th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Cablebandit, welcome to the forum. :cheers:

Cablebandit
March 28th, 2007, 12:44 PM
thanks!! So far I am loving efilive and my car doesnt even run!! I can turn the key on and monitor IAT or map :)

onfire
March 28th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Sent the file. I set up the wot commanded table that I'm playing with...works well so far. Plus the cold start vs coolant temp,etc,etc.

Cablebandit
March 29th, 2007, 01:18 AM
thanks Tom!!! I was just copying some of your stuff this morning. my 3 bar scaler ended up around 282 and of course was easy to do in realtime :)
What injectors do you have? I assume 160# by the 900 number you have in IFR

onfire
March 29th, 2007, 01:53 AM
thanks Tom!!! I was just copying some of your stuff this morning. my 3 bar scaler ended up around 282 and of course was easy to do in realtime :)
What injectors do you have? I assume 160# by the 900 number you have in IFR

IFR is 8.2 to 9.0 .......900????

It's a slope set-up for the 60's I'm running since the fuel is boost referenced.

Cablebandit
March 30th, 2007, 01:40 PM
i swear it said 900 under IFR which was the max....maybe i was high on gas fumes sitting in my non running car :)