PDA

View Full Version : 2k2 C.E.T/A LS1 to LS6 conversion

zentor
March 28th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Hi
:help2:
I just bought 243 heads and 5308 cam which are stock on the LS6 engine
I also bought a smooth bellow and air lid. The engine already has an LS6 intake.
Do I need to flash the ECM for this configuration? If so is there anyone that has a setup like this and has anyone run a tune on one. I am new to this, so I have a lot to learn.:nixweiss:

2k2 Trans am, ls1, 4l60e, slp lid, smooth bellow, k/n filter, ls6 intake, ls6 short block,

Thanx
:wave:

Black02SS
March 28th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Welcome to the forum. I would start with your stock OS and go from there. Check the air fuel if you have a wideband and dial in the car to how it wants to be. Do a search for AutoVE and you can use that information to help with the tune. :)

zentor
March 28th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Hi
Thanx for the info
I will do as you requested and go from there.
:cheers:

dfe1
March 30th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Think of it this way-- you've done the equivalent of installing an LS6. If you're concerned about finding a good starting point, you can download a stock Z06 bin file and copy the values from the VE table. If you download a version based on the same operating system as is in your PCM, you can do a direct compare of values. If you start looking at other tables, keep in mind that the Z06 is drive by wire, so some of the IAC and throttle-related data may not make sense.

zentor
March 30th, 2007, 02:24 PM
I looked at the downloads and got a z06 tune. I have not compared the ls6 to the ls1 yet. I am still fumbling around with the program first. I want to get a better understanding of it before I start tuning my bird. Thanks for all the help.

Zentor

JuhaniLS1
April 2nd, 2007, 01:12 AM
Have done similar swap, 243 ported heads big valves on LS1 with shorty headers and comp 216/220 cam LS6 intake. So far have only copied LS6 Spark tables and put EGR off, but -02 dont have that. It works and drives otherwise on -99 LS1 tune. Have looked LS6 VE table and it differs from mine, going to test what it does next.