PDA

View Full Version : Reinstalling V2 drivers

Dave_62
March 28th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Was wondering if anyone else had ran into this. In January I finally took my V2 out of the box and installed the software onto my new laptop, updated everything to V7.3 updated the firmware and USB drivers, and transferred my unused licenses from the V1. Checked on my truck and everything worked fine. Put everything back in the box until yesterday, when I pulled it out to tweak on the Trans Am. The laptop would not recognize the V2 or V1 cables. When I plugged in either the V1 or V2 cable, I got the "New Hardware Found" message, Windows didn't know what to do, and Scan or Tune would not see the cable. The V2 box would talk to the car on its own just fine, but not the laptop. After much cussing and gnashing of teeth, I deleted then reinstalled the FlashScan USB drivers, and it all took to playing nice again. What the heck was that all about?

:nixweiss:

Blacky
March 28th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Maybe between the first and subsequent driver install, you installed some other USB device. Sometimes similar USB devices use the same driver names but not the same driver versions.

Anyway, V7.4 is out now and it has all new driver versions.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4442

Regards
Paul

Bruce Melton
March 28th, 2007, 10:14 PM
And I assume the same drivers are the best for V1?

Blacky
March 28th, 2007, 10:16 PM
And I assume the same drivers are the best for V1?

Yes.