PDA

View Full Version : issue with 7.4

mr.prick
March 30th, 2007, 11:31 AM
i have just installed the new version 7.4 and have noticed that the tables in the tune tool that used inHg measurements now use Psi instead but the scan tool only shows the pids in kPa and inHg.
has this been over looked?
will this be a problem?

Dirk Diggler
March 30th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Change you display units Edit ----> Configure Display Units

Black02SS
March 30th, 2007, 12:41 PM
http://download.efilive.com/tutorials/Interactive/Configuring%20the%20Calibration%20Display%20Units. htm

Black02SS
March 30th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Instructions on how to change the display units.

mr.prick
March 30th, 2007, 03:36 PM
thanks for your reply , but i don`t think you understand me.
7.3`s options for imperial where inHg and metric where kPa.
7.4`s for imperial are Psi and kPa for metric.
metric didn`t change but imperial did.

Black02SS
March 30th, 2007, 03:46 PM
thanks for your reply , but i don`t think you understand me.
7.3`s options for imperial where inHg and metric where kPa.
7.4`s for imperial are Psi and kPa for metric.
metric didn`t change but imperial did.
Your right, we didn't. Sorry. :( I will let Paul know about it. I wonder if it is something they changed to. I just checked and all of my tables are in PSI as well for imperial.

mr.prick
March 30th, 2007, 04:26 PM
i am an imperialist!:master:

Blacky
March 30th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Can you please post example calibration identifiers that have changed. And I'll investigate what happened and how to fix it.

Thanks
Paul

i have just installed the new version 7.4 and have noticed that the tables in the tune tool that used inHg measurements now use Psi instead but the scan tool only shows the pids in kPa and inHg.
has this been over looked?
will this be a problem?

mr.prick
March 31st, 2007, 04:22 AM
all my maps where off because they where inHg and now the tables are Psi.
i cant be the only one using imperial settings.
the pids haven`t changed but the tables in the tune tool have.

ChipsByAl
March 31st, 2007, 05:31 AM
I don't know about you guys but I cannot make out anything on this picture. Maybe if you save it as a jpg it will be a larger resolution.
Al

Blacky
March 31st, 2007, 10:14 AM
Hmm, the pictures is a little small to see anything useful.

What I was requesting was a list of the tables (or even just some of them) in the tuning tool that used to be displayed in inHg and are now in psi.

Regards
Paul

mr.prick
March 31st, 2007, 02:42 PM
lol my pictures suck, but like i said the {sae.map} pid says kpa or inhg.
the imperial properties are psi now.
metric is the same

Tordne
March 31st, 2007, 03:13 PM
It seems a little strange that ALL your PIDs are invalid :eek:

mr.prick
March 31st, 2007, 07:45 PM
am i crazy or is this only happening to me?:bash:
i`ll explain myself once more.
i have noticed that imperial settings are now PSI they where INHG.
the pids are still INHG.

Blacky
April 1st, 2007, 09:06 AM
You're not crazy, I can see what you mean. I'm just trying to figure out if its always been like that or if something has changed in the latest update.

Until I figure out how/what/why/when, the only solution for you right now is to run both the Scan Tool MAP PID and the Tuning Tool MAP labels as metric in kPa. Otherwise nothing will match up.

Regards
Paul

the pids are still INHG.

Black02SS
April 1st, 2007, 01:04 PM
I bet it is within the past few updates. I have saved all the past build and will try and track down which one it occured on.

mr.prick
April 1st, 2007, 02:32 PM
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4890
this is the one i have installed.

oztracktuning
April 1st, 2007, 05:13 PM
I notice that when an alternat calibration is opened that when in the compare % screen that the table cannot be adjusted like before. 7.4 is forcing you to be in its own table and cant be done in the compare % table. This was for the Main VE table

mr.prick
April 2nd, 2007, 03:12 PM
You're not crazy, I can see what you mean. I'm just trying to figure out if its always been like that or if something has changed in the latest update.

Until I figure out how/what/why/when, the only solution for you right now is to run both the Scan Tool MAP PID and the Tuning Tool MAP labels as metric in kPa. Otherwise nothing will match up.

Regards
Paul
yes! change ALL PSI settings to KPA in both the scan and tune.
let us know what up with this blacky

mr.prick
April 5th, 2007, 11:33 AM
so whats up with this ?
has this been fixed ?

Blacky
April 5th, 2007, 12:15 PM
so whats up with this ?
has this been fixed ?

No, not in the latet Update 02. The Update 02 was not a scheduled update. It has been released to combat a VIN licensing error. The next scheduled update will address the other issues that hav ebeen raised with 7.4 so far.

Regards
Paul

RandyWS6
April 5th, 2007, 02:15 PM
I have a problem to ,The MAP is in kPa and is running in inhg Even the screen is showing it in kPa but it runs in inhg,I have every thing set in metric, but the MAP is running in inhg in only in (EFI Live V7.4 Tune) but not in (EFI Live Scan) it works just fine, I hope i explained this right

Blacky
April 5th, 2007, 03:20 PM
I have a problem to ,The MAP is in kPa and is running in inhg Even the screen is showing it in kPa but it runs in inhg,I have every thing set in metric, but the MAP is running in inhg in only in (EFI Live V7.4 Tune) but not in (EFI Live Scan) it works just fine, I hope i explained this right

Not sure I understand your current setup precisely, can you post up a screen shot?
Paul

mr.prick
April 5th, 2007, 03:27 PM
also the scan wants me to select the pcm type each time i connect
even after i check the dont ask again box.

Tordne
April 5th, 2007, 03:34 PM
also the scan wants me to select the pcm type each time i connect
even after i check the dont ask again box.]

That was implemented in the 7.4 release. The check box disables further prompts for the life of the Scan Tool session. When you close and reopen the Scan Tool the question will be prompted again.

Blacky
April 5th, 2007, 04:12 PM
And it was done for a good reason. We had too many support issues with customers setting it to say LS1, then switching it off. Then next session attempting to connect to some other type of controller and not realising that the software was attempting to connect to an Ls1 controller. So now the user must make the controller choice each time the software is started.

In the next major release (EFILive V8) we are be working on a more "user friendly" approach.

Regards
Paul

RandyWS6
April 6th, 2007, 12:55 AM
I need to take to some body on the phone ,just cant explain it on here.a screen shot ,i dont beleave it will explain it, it hast to be running to see it. can some one give me a number i can call ? PM me the number , Ive been trying to AutoVE but cant.

Blacky
April 6th, 2007, 10:08 AM
I need to take to some body on the phone ,just cant explain it on here.a screen shot ,i dont beleave it will explain it, it hast to be running to see it. can some one give me a number i can call ? PM me the number , Ive been trying to AutoVE but cant.

I've had other reports of the same issue. There may have been a units conversion fault during the calibration definition file build process. We are investigating and will post up a new software update if required.

Meanwhile, you shoul dbe able to continue AutoVE tuning if you set both the Scan Tool to kPa and the Tuning Tool to kPa.

In the Scan Tool, it doesn't matter what units the charts or dashboards are showing, what matters is the units that are showing in the [Data (F9)] tab page.

Regards
Paul

RandyWS6
April 6th, 2007, 11:36 AM
can i AutoVE my MAP's in (inHg) ? And copy and past after logging.

Tordne
April 6th, 2007, 02:00 PM
can i AutoVE my MAP's in (inHg) ? And copy and past after logging.

You can really use what ever units you like. The key is that the Scan Tool and Tune Tool must be using the same units for the values to be appropriate. Having said that the AutoVE process uses BEN factors. Given that the tables don't change dimensions you could still copy paste/multiply etc, just not using the "with labels" functions.

Blacky
April 13th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Update:

It appears that the calibration maps have been changed from inHg to PSI in one of the latest releases. That has broken the PID link between the scan tool which reports MAP in inHg and the tuning tool maps which now expect MAP in PSI.

The problem is this: the SAE mandate that a scan tool must report MAP (and BARO) as kPa or inHg. Many of our customers have requested that the tuning tool maps be displayed in either kPa or PSI (instead of inHg).

The question now is, do we change the tuning tool maps back to inHg or do we "break" the scan tool and change it to PSI to match the tuning tool?

Have your say here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5039

Note: EFILive version 8 software will not suffer from this problem. With EFILive V8, you wil lbe able to customize the units to whatever you want and it will not impact the underlying software operation.

joecar
April 14th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Paul,

Is this what I'm seeing here...

The SAE.MAP link in the Main VE table is not corresponding to the scantool cursor, see 1st and 2nd images.

I'm using kPa for MAP.

I see some other tables that use MAP have the same problem.

By comparison, RPM and TP link correctly, see 3rd image.

Joe

Blacky
April 14th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Paul,

Is this what I'm seeing here...

The SAE.MAP link in the Main VE table is not corresponding to the scantool cursor, see 1st and 2nd images.

I'm using kPa for MAP.

I see some other tables that use MAP have the same problem.

By comparison, RPM and TP link correctly, see 3rd image.

Joe

Are you sure that you are using kPa for MAP. Remember, it does not matter what the gauges or dashboard shows as the units for MAP. The only important unit is the one displayed on the [Data (F9)] tab page. That is the value that is sent to the tuning tool for PID linking. Looks like its sending inHg.

The requirement to have the units match up is a very annoying problem and something for which I kick myself daily (among other things).
In V8 the units do not matter - it always links up correctly no matter what units or display formats are in use. The quicker we get V8 rolled out the better...

Regards
Paul

Biggsy
April 14th, 2007, 04:36 PM
The quicker we get V8 rolled out the better...

Here here!
When do we get a sneak preview of what's better/different in V8?

Cheers,

joecar
April 15th, 2007, 07:00 AM
Are you sure that you are using kPa for MAP. Remember, it does not matter what the gauges or dashboard shows as the units for MAP. The only important unit is the one displayed on the [Data (F9)] tab page. That is the value that is sent to the tuning tool for PID linking. Looks like its sending inHg.

The requirement to have the units match up is a very annoying problem and something for which I kick myself daily (among other things).
In V8 the units do not matter - it always links up correctly no matter what units or display formats are in use. The quicker we get V8 rolled out the better...

Regards
Paul
Paul,

Ah... that was it, I had missed that earlier in this thread... Thanks. :cheers:

Cheers
Joe

Blacky
April 15th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Here here!
When do we get a sneak preview of what's better/different in V8?
Cheers,

No previews, sorry. Version 8 is staying under wraps until it is ready.
Maybe some screen shots when the user interface is complete.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
April 15th, 2007, 11:46 AM
No previews, sorry. Version 8 is staying under wraps until it is ready.
Maybe some screen shots when the user interface is complete.

Regards
Paul

Dang, but I can wait.:D :help2: :master:

mr.prick
December 24th, 2007, 05:57 AM
the pids are still INHG.

This still going on, now with 7.5, it has yet to be fixed.
is it just spelling that needs to be changed,
or is the scan tool recording inHg?
there is no inHg for imperial settings
in the tune tables anymore it is all PSI.
http://smiliesftw.com/x/bondage.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Blacky
June 12th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Apologies, I dropped the ball on this fix.
It is now at the top of the list.

Regards
Paul

2002_z28_six_speed
July 10th, 2008, 04:51 PM
More reason to abolish and conform in my opinion. hehe