PDA

View Full Version : Known issues in V7.2.2

Blacky
May 9th, 2005, 11:59 PM
Known issues in V7.2.2, last updated June 17, 2005.

The following issues are fixed in V7.2.2 Patch 001.
The V7.2.2 Patch 001 file can be downloaded here:
http://www.efilive.com/downloads/downloads_7.html

Date:
May 10, 2005

Description:
The Scan Tool cannot connect to FlashScan while the Tuning Tool software is open.
and
The Tuning Tool cannot connect to FlashScan while the Scan Tool software is open.

The Scan Tool will display this message if the Tuning Tool is open:
Error code: ERR_NOCABLE/31

No interface cable found.

The Tuning Tool will not be able to communicate with the PCM or the FlashScan cable if the Scan Tool is open.

Fixed in V7.2.2 Patch 001

Workaround:
Close the Scan Tool software prior to any PCM read or reflash attempt.
or
Close the Tuning Tool software prior to any connection attempt with the Scan Tool software.

Date:
May 11, 2005

Description:
The engine RPM values are not displayed for each gear when editing vehicle speed data.

Fixed in V7.2.2 Patch 001

Workaround:
None.

The following issues are fixed in V7.2.3 pre-release 001
The V7.2.3 is not available yet. It is scheduled for pre-release on May 31, 2005

Date:
May 19, 2005

Description:
The Scan Tool fails if connected and disconnected 3 times in a row, without logging any data.

Fixed in V7.2.3 pre-release 001

Workaround:
Close and restart the Scan Tool software if you have connected and disconnected without logging any data.

Date:
May 21, 2005

Description:
Black-box log files are displayed with zero frames if the FlashScan unit is programmed when one or more PIDs are set to priority 2 or priority 3.

Workaround:
Make sure ALL PIDs are set to priority 1 prior to programming them into the FlashScan unit for black-box logging.

Date:
May 26, 2005

Description:
IMPORTANT:
There is a small chance that a PCM may be rendered unusable during a full reflash procedure.
Full reflashing has an unavoidable window of failure. EFILive has been designed to include a full flash recovery system that, in the event of failure, allows the full reflash process to be retried until successful (or until power is removed from the PCM).
EFILive's full flash recovery may not operate correctly if a failure occurs after EFILive erases the flash memory and prior to the first block of data being written to the PCM.

Workaround:
To prevent this failure, close and reopen the "Reflash PCM Operating System" window, prior to any Full Flash operation. That includes closing it and reopening it between mutliple full flash attempts, successful or not.

Date:
May 28, 2005

Description:
IMPORTANT:
There is a small chance that a PCM will recognise EFILive's custom operating systems as fully calibrated systems. That is not the case, EFILive's custom operating systems do not contain any calibration data. If the PCM attempts to operate normally, when no calibration data is present , it will be rendered inoperable and unrecoverable.

The new operating systems available here: http://www.efilive.com/downloads/downloads_os.html
have been altered to force the PCM into "dead poll" mode after the custom operating system has been reflashed, waiting for you to reflash a valid calibration.

The problem can only occur during a custom operating system upgrade reflash process. If you have already successfully reflashed a custom operating system into your PCM, you do not need to reflash your PCM with the new operating systems that have been made available.

Workaround:
Please discard any EFILive custom operating systems that you may have downloaded prior to May 28, 2005.
EFILive has updated ALL custom operating systems and recommend that you re-download any custom operating systems prior to upgrading your PCM.

UPDATE: All custom operating systems were updated again on May 29, 2005. Please discard any custom operating systems downloaded on or before May 28, 2005

Date:
May 30, 2005

Description:
Changing the ETC tables too far from stock may cause the ETC system into limp mode. A TAC (Throttle Actuator Controller) communications failed DTC will be set.

The TAC module stores a sane ETC table. If the PCM commands a value too far from the TAC sane value then the TAC logs a comms fault. Too many comms faults and the PCM will go into limp mode. How far from stock your ETC tables have been changed, determines how quickly a comms DTC can be set.

No fix available.
EFILive does not have access to the TAC module and cannot change the calibrations stored in it.

Workaround:
Restore your factory ETC settings.

The following issues are fixed in V7.2.3 pre-release 003
The V7.2.3 pre-release 003 is scheduled for pre-release on June 19, 2005

Date:
June 15, 2005

Description:
When setting Scan Tool maps to hide cells with a low cell count, the first "n" datapoints are incorrectly discarded. This has the effect of skewing the cells' values.
(where "n" is the low cell count threshold).

Fixed in V7.2.3 pre-release 003

Workaround:
Do not use the Maps' cell hiding feature until pre-release 003 is available.

Date:
June 17, 2005

Description:
Configurations settings are not being saved on some Window 98 operating systems.

Fixed in V7.2.3 pre-release 003

Workaround:
None

SSbaby
May 17th, 2005, 12:40 PM
I always hate to be picky but...

I notice a typographical in the 'Idle' tab for the PID {B4315} Throttle Follower Airflow... the 'r' is missing from the word 'Airflow' both in the PID label heading and description.

The label reads "Throttle Follower Aiflow".

Cheers

PS Keep up the great work, guys!!! Love your product. :D

Blacky
May 17th, 2005, 01:24 PM
I always hate to be picky but...

I notice a typographical in the 'Idle' tab for the PID {B4315} Throttle Follower Airflow... the 'r' is missing from the word 'Airflow' both in the PID label heading and description.

The label reads "Throttle Follower Aiflow".

Cheers

PS Keep up the great work, guys!!! Love your product. :D

Thanks for the info - we're always looking to fix spelling and other "stupid" mistakes.
Paul

Blacky
May 18th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Known issues updated May 19, 2005.
See first message for details.

Blacky
May 20th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Known issues updated May 21, 2005.

Blacky
May 25th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Known issues updated May 26, 2005.

Blacky
May 27th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Known issues updated May 28, 2005.

wait4me
May 27th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Just so EFI customers are aware, If anyone ever does have a broken pcm, Or a unrecoverable pcm, Even from another programming software company, As long as you are a customer for efilive, Just email me and i will fix It for you for free asap, to get you going. Just in case it ever happens, Which obviously is not very likely for a failure ever to occur...It is just nice to know you are covered... If i cant fix it, ill give you one that works. :) jes

Blacky
May 27th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Just so EFI customers are aware, If anyone ever does have a broken pcm, Or a unrecoverable pcm, Even from another programming software company, As long as you are a customer for efilive, Just email me and i will fix It for you for free asap, to get you going. Just in case it ever happens, Which obviously is not very likely for a failure ever to occur...It is just nice to know you are covered... If i cant fix it, ill give you one that works. :) jes

Now there's customer service. :) :)
Paul

Highlander
May 27th, 2005, 07:47 PM
I agree

joecar
May 28th, 2005, 04:22 AM
Jesse, I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you rule the world.
8)

Scoota
May 28th, 2005, 09:29 AM

Now there's customer service. :) :)
Paul
I guess you could say that all EFILive'ers are always there to help and support each other. Why would you be anywhere else.
Well-done Jess. :wink:

Cheers, Scotty. :D

Blacky
May 28th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Known issues updated May 29, 2005.

jsttry
May 29th, 2005, 11:24 PM
We still on target for May 31st?

Blacky
May 30th, 2005, 12:40 AM
We still on target for May 31st?
Yes - there will be the initial 98 calibration release (around 100 calibrations of about 300 that we plan on providing for the 98's), along with a number of bug fixes and enhancements.

Enhancements are listed here
http://efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1723

Regards
Paul

AllCammedUp
May 30th, 2005, 02:31 AM
Paul,

Even though this doesn't effect me, I've been wondering if the 98 support will also work for the 97 'vettes. Everyone mentions the 98's and discusses that as the level of support required, mainly, from what I believe to be because more people have '98 F-body cars and that was the first year the LS1 was available for them. However, will the '97 Y-body also be covered under the '98 calibrations? Will it just work or would there be additional work necessary to support the '97 vettes? Just curious. Thanks!

Blacky
May 30th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Known issues updated May 30, 2005.

87gmc
June 1st, 2005, 03:50 AM
Questions on reading a 98 bin. Before the update of may 31 I could open a 98 bin and just see high and low octane spark tables. Now with the update I cant see one cal. I get the error message:

his version of the EFILive Tuning Tool has not been
configured to display this PCM's operating system.

This may occur if...
your PCM has been updated by a GM dealer
to fix a software problem in the PCM.
OR
you are attempting to load an EFILive custom PCM
program without installing the matching *.cal file.
OR
you are attempting to load a non-EFILive custom PCM program.

Please save this calibration's *.tun file
and email a copy of it to: support@efilive.com
so that we can add support for it.

The bin is not from efilive but i had no problems opening it before and seeing the timing tables of high and low octane.

Also can we read the 98 pcm? I know we cant program just curious if we can actually read our pcms

Blacky
June 1st, 2005, 11:58 AM
Sorry, I just realised the instructions did not include an explanation that you need to download the 1998 calibration definitions from our "supported vehicles" web page (which has also been updated).

Please download the following files:
19970200.cal 1997 Corvette
19980100.cal 1998 Camaro
19980200.cal 1998 Corvette
From here: http://www.efilive.com/downloads/downloads_vehicles.html
And save them in the folder: Program Files\EFILive\V7\Calibrations

Paul

Blacky
June 1st, 2005, 12:11 PM
Also, you must delete (or rename) the 19980200.txt and 19980100.txt files.
If EFILive sees those files first, it will attempt to load them, the *.txt file format is no longer supported for 97 and 98 calibrations.

Regards
Paul

87gmc
June 1st, 2005, 02:51 PM
I know we cant tune the 98 but are we able to read the pcm or does that fall under the bootloader issue?

Great jobs of getting it together, some of the calibrations are way different than the 99-02 8)

Blacky
June 1st, 2005, 03:53 PM
I know we cant tune the 98 but are we able to read the pcm or does that fall under the bootloader issue?

Great jobs of getting it together, some of the calibrations are way different than the 99-02 8)

The bootloaders ar required to read and/or write to the PCM.

Paul

Blacky
June 17th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Known issues updated June 18, 2005.

87gmc
July 1st, 2005, 05:50 AM
So hows the update looking for the end of June?