PDA

View Full Version : V7.41 Install issues with Interface

Chalky
April 1st, 2007, 08:45 AM
Error message: The Flashscan V2 interface is not compatible with this version of EFILive software. Please upgrade your efilive software to the latest version.

What is the issue anyone? I can't even get 7.3 to run now.

I cleared 7.4 before installing and installed new dirvers from the 4.1 downloaded file. Appreciate any help.

Blacky
April 1st, 2007, 09:01 AM
You MUST upgrade your FlashScan V2 interface firmware.
Please read the ReadMe.rtf file that is installed in \Program Files\EFILive\V7\ReadMe.rtf

See point number 3 in that file.

Regards
Paul

eboggs_jkvl
April 1st, 2007, 09:21 AM
Since it bit me on the butt too, would it be terrible to add a "link" in the tools section of the tune or scan program that takes us to the update firmware file? Some of us don't eat, live, and breath this stuff on an every day basis. I knew enough to go through all of my EFILive files and couldn't find it until I was chastized and reminded of the EFILive files in the "Programs" folder. I saw the "Need to update firmware" but couldn't find the friggen file.

Elmer

Chalky
April 1st, 2007, 10:00 AM
I did figure it out. The file was never added to the V7 subdirectory. I was trying to update using an older file from February 2007. I found the latest file in my unzip subdirectory.

I assumed when I unzipped the file after downloading that it would add the necessary file to update the V2 Interface.

BTW, Elmer, I am with you!

Blacky
April 1st, 2007, 10:36 AM
The next major release of EFILive (i.e. V8) will include automatic update notification, so you will be reminded whenever a new update is available.

As well, the EFILive PC software will automatically prompt you to update the FlashScan firmware if and when it needs updating. The update will happen within the EFILive software - you'll just need to click [Ok] to the "Update firmware now" request.

Regards
Paul

eboggs_jkvl
April 1st, 2007, 10:47 AM
Sweet! Now we're getting painless! I like that.

Elmer

Chalky
April 1st, 2007, 11:07 AM
Sounds great.