PDA

View Full Version : And someone said that a customizable Dashboard isn't needed.

Black02SS
May 10th, 2005, 12:29 AM
I did this last night just goofing around. I really love the scanner in EFI Live.

http://home.insightbb.com/~black02ss/newdashboard.jpg

GMPX
May 10th, 2005, 12:46 AM
That is the best dash I've ever seen!!.
The gauges are awesome.....unfortunately, graphic arts bypassed me.

Nice work.

Cheers,
Ross

Black02SS
May 10th, 2005, 12:49 AM
WOW, I wasn't expecting a response like that, THANK YOU!!. If it wasn't for such a wonderful program with the options to do things like that, it wouldn't have been possible. Keep up the good work guys!

GMPX
May 10th, 2005, 12:53 AM
I should be doing other things, but you have inspired me somewhat!!.

To be honest I usually use the charts only.
I really like the Camaro SS wording on the Tach, nice touch.
Glad you like things so far.

Cheers,
Ross

Black02SS
May 10th, 2005, 12:58 AM
I have been using EFI Live for a few years now, just had a small setback and realized my mistake. ;) Now I am back for good. If anyone wants the gauges or entire dashboard, I can host the images.

Brains
May 10th, 2005, 12:59 AM
Wow, that kicks ass !!!

John Skiba
May 10th, 2005, 01:02 AM
That is one of the nicest I've seen. Very nice work!

The guages are one of the many VERY flexible feature of EFILive. Heck, you can use a graphic file for a gauge background if you want to design some "custom" gauges.

Black02SS
May 10th, 2005, 01:03 AM
That is one of the nicest I've seen. Very nice work!

The guages are one of the many VERY flexible feature of EFILive. Heck, you can use a graphic file for a gauge background if you want to design some "custom" gauges.

Hmm... Never thought of that.. I might have to try something a bit later with a nice background for the entire page..

John Skiba
May 10th, 2005, 01:08 AM
I once used the faces of Autometer gauges to see how it would look. Believe that was a while ago during V6 development. I don't use gauges at all just the chart and maps so I haven't played much with them lately.

Keep up the good work. Looks excellent.

So who wants to make a gauges skins package for EFIlive? :)

Black02SS
May 10th, 2005, 01:10 AM
If someone wants to throw out some ideas, I can try and see what I can come up with for a skin pack.

Tydriver
May 10th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Sweeet.. I dont even have an Fbody and those are STILL pimp !

Blacky
May 10th, 2005, 08:58 AM
That is the coolest looking dash I have seen for EFILive.

I've tried a few times to make a "cool" dash but I just can't - a graphic artist I am not.

When using bitmaps or jpegs for gauge backgrounds, you can't specify an entire image for the dash. Each gauge has a separate image because you can resize each gauge individually.

You may want to have a common border color on all the bitmaps that is the same color as the dashboard background. That way you won't see any "gaps" between gauges.

Regards
Paul

joecar
May 10th, 2005, 10:33 AM
black02ss,
Your dash kicks *SS (...pun intended...); very cool indeed; 45 degree angle is out of this world!!
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

deezel
May 10th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Nice dash!
8)

SinisterSS
May 10th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Great custom dash!

For an encore, some Autometers would be cool. 8)

If you'd like to make a custom set to match the gauges on my Cadillac, I'd kiss you or something. :oops: :D

http://imaes.autobytel.com/view/aic/CADILLAC/CTS-V/sdn/usa_2005_CADILLAC_CTS-V_sdn_4_x_indrvrdash_x.jpg

Black02SS
May 10th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Great custom dash!

For an encore, some Autometers would be cool. 8)

If you'd like to make a custom set to match the gauges on my Cadillac, I'd kiss you or something. :oops: :D

http://imaes.autobytel.com/view/aic/CADILLAC/CTS-V/sdn/usa_2005_CADILLAC_CTS-V_sdn_4_x_indrvrdash_x.jpg

I can do a nice RED X gauge if you really want me to. ;)

VortechC5
May 10th, 2005, 11:18 PM
That is a great looking dash! Could you make the gauges/dash available? I'd like to tinker with them.

Black02SS
May 10th, 2005, 11:26 PM
When I get a chance today or tonight at work, I will get them all together and put them up for download.

34Koop
May 11th, 2005, 01:52 AM
How cool is this program !

These are the gauges in my Rod

http://www.autometer.com/img_products/1787_d.jpg

Ten minutes of playing around (sorry its only one gauge at this stage)

http://www.arach.net.au/~mal.pollard/malsdash.jpg

cheers
Mal

John Skiba
May 11th, 2005, 03:56 AM
Mal - You can also retain the #'s in the graphic. Just scale over it and then turn of the font based #'s. Also, if I recall right (don't have the program in on this PC), .gif is supported so you can do transperiences.

The possibilities are endless. Let's see what everyone can come up with.

Blacky
May 11th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Mal - You can also retain the #'s in the graphic. Just scale over it and then turn of the font based #'s. Also, if I recall right (don't have the program in on this PC), .gif is supported so you can do transperiences.

The possibilities are endless. Let's see what everyone can come up with.

Only bmp and jpg are supported, but EFILive implements transparency for both of them. Select the "transparent color" in the [Colors] tab page. Any pixel in your bmp or jpg of that *exact* color will allow the gauge background to show through. Sorry, no alpha transparancy yet :(

You can implement "idiot lights" using the "holes" made by the transparent color pixels by setting the background, alarm min and alarm max colors based on the alarm conditions (set in the [Alarms] tab page).

Paul

John Skiba
May 11th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Thanks Paul for the clarification. It seems the graphic format supported isn't the only thing I'm forgetting... off to a dictionary I go. :oops:

00transam
October 28th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Hey Chad, do you have any ideas of what I could do with my "WS6" logo? It is the logo that you saw on my IM. If you didn't see it let me know and I will send it to you.

Camaro SS
October 30th, 2005, 04:40 AM
Excellent Chad, that is badass.

nco663
November 2nd, 2005, 02:22 PM
Pardon for hijacking but how do you get rwhp? TIA

Black02SS
November 2nd, 2005, 04:14 PM
Its a calculated PID. If you look in the PIDS screen you can see the formula they use.